MX 5 RF Launch Edition

Hi Guys

How many members of this forum have one of the 500 LE RFs?

anyone on here (or know of someone who has) number 1/500 and 500/500?

mine is 416/500 Soul Red, any others care share their number and the colour?

TIA

Russ

I have 477/500 in Soul red.

£29K+ ? (T R White) - compare to a CX5 2018 model ($23K +) - If I had it, that’s where my money would go.

I didnt pay £29K or anywhere near that.
CX 5 is nice; if you need to take the kids, dogs, trailer to scout camp or rubbish to the tip.
I dont.

So - presumably you’ve bought the 1.5 version? I accept the cost is negotiable, but so is the CX5. Five seats as opposed to two - more steel, more trim, and yes, a bit slower, by 2 mph.Or a couple of seconds off the 0-60 mph mark. Some difference on extras too.

I quoted the 2L price, but who would buy anything less these days?

The CX5 is around £6 K less than the NDRF. where you’d expect it to be the same amount more, work that one out- so much for a cheaper sportscar!

Nope 2L Launch Edition in Soul Red.
Comes with all the toys including the safety pack, adaptive lights and a reversing camera.
Its actually a very well specced car for a 2 seater.
It doesnt have the IStop or electric rear windows of the CX5 but i tend to turn that off on my cars as i find it annoying.
Car was unregistered but i forgo’d the 18 plate, took delivery mid Feb and managed to negotiate the price under £24k.
They also gave me what i feel was a good price on my old car
Russ

At £24K the price is just about acceptable for a launch edition, the list at closer to £30K is ridiculous. Still think about getting one but the rumoured power increase for some reason is nagging my mind 

The Recaro seats are worth paying extra for as the standard seats are poorly designed IMO.

Personal circumstances mean I would still rather have one than a CX-5, if I need a trash hauler/people carrier I would prefer to let someone else take the hit on depreciation.

Now I need a super trade-in offer 

Quite agree!  A “better buy” is only a “better buy” if it suits your needs!

I think you’r on the wrong forum then.

Just an opinion, to which I reckon I’m entitled to? The ND represents various problems to worry about, and I’d rather stay with the NBFL. - Any problem with it was sorted years ago. 

As I said elsewhere, if I needed a van or a pickup, I’d buy one, a CX5 is too good for rubbish. So is the five. Some folk have no imagination.  I was originally remarking about the car/cost difference, doesn’t mean I want one - or the other.

Of course you are entitled to an opinion, I wasn’t trying to suggest anything different, it’s just that this is an MX5 forum so it follows that people are probably into MX5s so that is what they are going to buy.

This seemed to get side tracked…anyway I have 207/500 Machine Grey