MX5 Cover(s)

1. My model of MX-5 is: NBFL- 2.5 Series-Sport
  2. I’m based near: Silverstone
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Car Cover

Whilst attending the Silverstone Classic, my attention was drawn to the, ‘Classic Additions’ stand. I am interested in purchasing one of their , ‘Ultimate Outdoor’ covers , as the quality appeared quite good.
Has anyone any specific experience of this companies products?
Please note, that I would not be looking at the , ‘Custom Made’ type, rather the, ‘S2’ type, marked as suitable for, 'eg. MX5 Mk1, Triumph Spitfire, MGB.

Many thanks, in anticipation,

tyton11.

Hi, yes I bought one, they are indeed good, soft material that shouldn’t damage paint work, water beads on them quite well, l don’t use it as much as I should do but it is a very good cover (fits tight like a wetsuit) and having used a much inferior cover on a Scirocco which scuffed the paint and caused micro blister I would recommend the Classic Additions one, not cheap though £= ouch!

Hello baabaa,
Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. The materials on display and the samples certainly looked pretty good; just nice to receive some , ‘first hand experience’ as it were.
I’ll not be purchasing a ‘Custom Made’ type - unfortunately! Rather the standard ‘Outdoor’…
Thanks again,
tyton11

No problem glad to help. My one is an ‘off the peg’ job the only place it doesn’t fit like a glove is around the rear of the soft top, this confused me a bit but I think it is to accommodate a in hard top, it’s not a problem though. Good luck, let me know how you get on if you can.
Kind regards Dave

baabaa, Certainly will, probably sending my order off at the end of September, when I typically fit the hardtop - thanks again.