MX5 Disaster!

This morning I was in my kitchen when there was a massive bang and I was my electric roll over garage door collapsing!!! I ran to the garage to find that my neighbour had reversed out of control through the door and forced my MX5 through the back wall!!! Shocked want the word. She (Ruby) was the 2nd love of my life. A lovely NB Sport (2005) that I have lavished an awful lot of care and money on. My 1997 Suzuki Bandit was also written off!

2 Likes

Oh hellā€¦ That takes a lot of force to get through both a door, 2 vehicles and a wall.
Hopefully no one was hurt, apart from the irreplaceable Ruby.

Blimey!

My God he must have hit that with some force!
Trust the neighbour is ok?
My sympathies for your ā€œbabyā€!

Blooming 'eck. What was he driving - a Chieftain tank? Iā€™m glad youā€™re safe though. It doesnā€™t bear thinking what would have happened if anyone had been standing there.

Bloody hell!!
:heart:

how on earthā€¦ you only see this kind of damage in moviesā€¦

Good grief! That is truly shocking and what a terrible shame about your poor MX5 and the Suzuki.
Thank God you werenā€™t in the garage at the time though.

some sort of 4x4 perchance?

1 Like

Fair to imagine thatā€™s well written off.
What a rotter.
Iā€™d love to be Basil Faulty and the errant driver Manuel for a few minutes.

2 Likes

Just trying to find the silver lining here. The front end of the MX5 seems to have held up very well against a brick wall.

2 Likes

Cripes :scream:

What a terrible shock.

On the upside, from your image, the damage doesnā€™t appear too drastic?
Do you think everything is repairable?
Airbags intact etc?

Hope you get her sorted and back to her original glory :crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Guy

Nooooooo! So sorry to hear. Let me guess, neighbour in an automatic?

Every panel scratched, front and rear have splits in, mohair roof slip, etc. etc. Poor Suzuki also probably a right off - neither will get an insurance settlement anywhere near what they are truly worth - MX5 - spent a shed load on keeping it in a really good condition - likewise the 1997 Bandit 600 (11000 on the clock and looked like it came out of the factory!)

Sad day - and the builder I had round said the garage would probably need to come down! Plus I had installed a very expensive electric roll garage door - prob another Ā£3500!!!

I was due to go to South Wales in her on Monday - shite happens!!!

It was an SUV that hit the garage - think he hit accelerator big time instead of the brake!!!

Oxfordshire group to Aston Martin Museum this month now cancelled.

2 Likes

What a mess, it must have hit it with some force :disappointed_relieved:
Hope everyone involved is ok.

Similar happening near us a couple of years ago, that took the the corner of a bungalow out rendering the whole building unsafe. Thankfully builders carefully built that part of the building back to how it was but it took ages to complete.

Iā€™m sure your garage can be put back together as for the vehicles, truly gutting for you Iā€™m sure.:roll_eyes:

You Must Be Totally Gutted to Say the Least :hot_face:

The Consequences of this Nightmare are Going to Continue for Quite Some Time :exploding_head:

Fellow Orange [?] NB 2005 ā€˜Bullitā€™ & I Sending You & Ruby Strength & Courage :+1:

Sorryā€¦Iā€™m in Shock as Bullit & Ruby are ā€˜Relatedā€™

I Meant :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

Many thanks for all of the kind comments posted on here and sent via PM.
Great Club/Great people.
As it will probably be written off I may well try to reclaim the ā€˜wreakā€™ and keep it as a projectā€¦looking at replacement panel costs last night it wont be that cheap a rebuildā€¦but we shall see.
Spent the whole of this morning dealing with 4 different insurers - what fun that was!!
Best wishes.

4 Likes

Nighmare for you. Hope his insurance is good!

Get on to your own insurance and request they sort out a like for like loan car. They will hook you up with a rental company who have convertibles that at least gets you out on the road top down. You wont get an NB, but you might get an ND, or a Z4 or similar.

As long as they other partyā€™s got third party insurance and there is no question of your liability, they will do thier best to get you something suitable.

One final thought - With all of the photos I have of the ā€˜incidentā€™ I should submit an article to Soft top Hard Top for their new ā€˜Me and my garageā€™ feature - LOL!!!

15 Likes