MX5 NC 2006 Bose Stereo How to enter the code

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC 2006 PRHT
  2. I’m based near: Edinburgh
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: I replaced my battery in the car and now the car is starting again I find the BOSE stereo is just Flashing the word CODE.
    I don’t have the Owners Manual so I don’t know how to enter any code into the Stereo head unit.
    If someone has the manual and could share the destructions with me on how to enter the code that would be great.
    The Other thing is I don’t actually know the code so suspect I’m looking at getting to the ERR code state as well but found instruction on her how to try and resolve that issue.
    I just cant enter any code numbers. The Stereo head unit just does not respond to any button press.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

It might be worth contacting Mazda UK or a local Mazda dealership who I’m sure could trace back, using the VIN or registration perhaps, to furnish you with this info.

I have the Bose on my 2010 PRHT and it does not seem to have a code. I have had the battery off no issues and there is no mention of entering a code in the handbook.
That is probably not much help to you I am sorry to say. :frowning:

Mazda do not put a code in from new but you as a owner can, so somebody before you has. You can go to mazda to get removed but at a cost.

Destructions below, of course if you don’t know the original code (if it had one) then may prove useless. For non Bose radio but should be similar procedure.
May need to use zoom, it’s the best I could do.:+1:

Great I will give this a try MickAP. Fingers crossed.
Aidan.

1 Like

No Worries Binty Will keep looking .
Thanks for getting back to me.

Thanks famous5 Might need to do this got some other info feed back here will try first Got one local but will need to wait until after the current lockdown. Thanks again :wink:

Thanks might need to do that in the end. But will need to wait until the latest lockdown is over. Got a couple of Ideas here so will keep plodding and keep this posted with the outcome.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Aidan

You could start by making a phone call perhaps…