Mx5 nc

got my sport today well pleased with it gone from a RF 2.0 to this bright red 2.0 sport and I have to say it handles like a dream although it as been lowered but so had the RF  I had to sell the RF to get a 4 door I got a 2016 CX3 with 15000 miles on the and this sport for the money I got of the RF best of all the sport only cost what I was losing each year on the RF I had it at 12 mounts old it had by then lost 10.000 I paid 20.000 and 12 months later  I only got 17.000 why did I not get the sport in the first place…

Looks really smart - enjoy. 

Cheers now got to make it mine 

Interesting, I have a 2.0 ZSport and for a while i have been considering a Mk4 but the 2.0 has been so much fun for so little money compared to our other car which depreciates at around £3-4k a year and don’t know if i want that loss on two cars. Was going to do the deed but after having a full service and all fluids changed i don’t know if i can bear to part with it even though i have someone in our village who is desperate to buy it for more than i paid for it.

the RF is a nice car.  if the car I now have is typical of this model iam not sure the ND is 17 GRAND more car…I know you have to pay the price for the latest model as I did.   And I have to say it was a nice car to drive once I sorted it 20 grand and it needs sorting  and before every one says there’s is O.K. this is not only my opinion…and I know they say the mk3 is like a 4x4 but mine was done by the last owner thanks if you want the latest look go for it if you want if you want a car that is far better than you have …go for a long test drive in the ND THEN JUMP STRAIGHT BACK IN YOUR OWN do the same run that will tell you…plus the ND and other new cars are dropping 3 to 5 grand a year…keep it 2 years on what you lose 

how many mx5 can you but for 6 to 10 grand  

After a good year checking the Mk3 was overpriced up to about 7 years old and the depreciation recently did not favour the MK3. It favoured a fully discounted new Mk4. I purchased a fully discounted 180 bhp Mk4 in October 2018. That was based on keeping the car for between 6 and 10 years.

Now after about 8 or 9 years old you can turn that on it’s head and a reliable non rusty, fully rust proofed at say 40k mile Mk3 is a better buy but you will have to replace bits as they wear out to keep it “as new”.

I recon I would have had to spend at least £1,500 to £1,800 on my 10 year old Mk3 to have got it “as new”, it had just over 50k miles on it. At a guess at least £300 on the seats as they required a rebuild and at least £1,200 on paintwork.

The Mk3 has more room and is more of a “car”. The Mk4 is smaller and less of a “car” and more of a sports car. I enjoyed both cars and have had a great time with them both.