MX5 NC1 2.0 oil filter disparity, help please

Doing oil and filter change this weekend. However there seems to be a lot of disparity with reference to the correct oil filter. Can someone who has a NC1 2.0, mines a 2007, and does their own servicing please let me know the correct filter, part number etc. Many thanks in advance.

The one from Mx5parts will do the job, genuine Mazda filter.
Without going into a which is correct or that’s the wrong part number etc, just use that, I’ve used it in the past but…

My last oil change I used the K&N filter mainly because it was a decent price and it made my oil order up to the free delivery mark.:+1:

1 Like

Cheers, that will do nicely. Thanks.

My recollection is that the correct part number changed at some point as the later filter has a non return valve I believe to stop it emptying when the engine isn’t running. I may have dreamt this but think thats right

1 Like

Extremely unlikely. The NC filter sits with the ‘open’ end upwards, so it cannot ever drain when the engine stops and therefore it doesn’t need a non-return valve. I think there was some discussion about a possible change to the filter bypass valve in later filters.

JS

2 Likes

I got one of these on next day deliver on Amazon. £9 including delivery. You can get them elsewhere for under a fiver but pay delivery, worth it if you stockpile such things and buy three or four at a time.

I trust Mann filters, well known brand.

2 Likes

I buy the Ford 2.0 Duratec filter, same filter different price.

1 Like