My 2008 NC

Couple of pictures of my 2008 NC… It’s the 2.0 Sport with every option except A/C…

The car has a documented history and just 56K miles. I’ve done a comprehensive overhaul of all the brakes suspension and all of the mechanic. It’s in original paint and has never been touched apart from me machine polishing it. I’ve been into detailing for 26 years. Every panel was checked with a Paint Thickness Gauge so I know the car has had no body or paint repairs. This is a rust free example.

I’ve owned it now for two years. Just 2 owners from the same family before me. :+1::+1::+1:

16 Likes

Very nice! Has the best AC ever with the top down :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know some like AC for rapid demisting of the windows but this is a summer toy it doesn’t nor never has seen salty winter roads. Apart from which I bought it on condition so spec was not that important :+1::+1:

They do suffer condensation inside at this time of the year, especially if they are not used a lot…
MY ND2 2 litre is my only car, but being semi-retired, I can choose when to use it, so it’s a no-no
on salty roads, Haven’t had the chance to get extra underbody protection done yet, but has only done 8k in 2 and a half years! I got it in July 2020 between lockdown and previous owner really took care of it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

My car was on axle stands and in pieces for the first year… I stripped everything including the brakes which were rebuilt and powder coated by Big Red in Worcester… I hardly drove it.
Last year it was used twice, I’ve not even clocked 500 miles in it yet but hope to use it this year :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Me love NC’s! So pretty. Is yours slightly lowered? I thought pre 2009 models were always sky high.

No it’s completely standard, The 2.0 Sport has Bilstien suspension from the factory.

I much prefer cars to be standard in every way. The ride quality is brilliant and the handling is excellent though it feels like if pushed stupidly it would be the rear that would let go. But that’s only when really pushing it. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Of course, those blister things.
I am the same as you, happy with standard. I would have no use for trickery, as I have the 1.8 PRHT from 2013 for daily use. But as it’s a Venture Edition, it is on 17" wheels, and has a brace bar… Boy racer me…

1 Like

Looking great Charlie :+1:
Love a true red!

Barrie

1 Like

It’s the best colour❤️

1 Like

Love the calipers. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks mate :+1::+1::+1:

They were done along with the mounts by Big Red in Worcester. That company have been featured on a couple of TV programs…

They strip the calipers bare then powder coat in a choice of colours. Then every last part used in the rebuild is brand new.

Cost was a very reasonable £200 for the pair. It’s about £160 if you choose not to have them powder coated.

When you think one new Mazda caliper is nigh on £250 plus VAT it’s not bad. They even supply a tube of Ceratec for the installation… :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Very nice, my favourite colour as well, these are my two MX5s

4 Likes

Those brakes look amazing & such good value. At first I thought your post was an advert to sell, but clearly its a keeper.
My 25YO Ann NC goes in for its wheels powder coating & new Tyres tomorrow. The paint on them is OK & there is no damage but I just love any excuse to powder coat.

I very nearly did sell the car last September… Agreed a price with a buyer who then sent me a message the night before he was due to pick up saying he was £450 short and that would have to do… I simply told him where to go…

Truth is I paid not very much for the car as it was a bereavement sale. I actually paid the seller who was the daughter £500 more than I was asked to pay but it was still a very good price.

I treated every area of the car as I did with the brakes. Wheels powder coated and a set of Vredestien ultracs fitted. I replaced all the drop links and had the car set up properly with 4 wheel alignment … Basically I went through every nut bolt and washer. I replaced the coolant tank because they are a bit suspect and even fitted the later style dipstick which is easier to read.

I love the look of modified cars like Barries Ahura MX5 but I’m not into modifying but I am into getting a car as good as I can.

Starting with a decent spec car that’s rust free and low miles was a good start. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Looks a fantastic example that and the brakes look great! Very nice choice :+1:

2 Likes