My NB Runabout

Only difference being, yours looks immaculate Paul!

Thanks - the paint work looks OK from that distance and gets worse as you get closer, but it isn’t corroded anywhere. The only significant bodywork “ding” on it can be seen in the photo, just below the drivers side mirror. It suffered that at the Hope Valley Country Show. Because it was so boggy in the bottom parking field, the marshals told me to park it up the slope, well away from all other cars. When I came back two hours later there was only one other set of wheel tracks in that part of the field. Someone had driven very close and parked about two feet away from my car, ignoring the rest of the open field a quarter of a mile wide. I was told a white Transit or similar had driven up there but not stayed more than a couple of minutes. I think when the passenger had opened the left side door its sharp rear corner had first hit my mirror, knocking it backwards, then left white paint marks down the panel and put a sharp dent right under the mirror. The driver must have realised what had happened and had cleared off again sharpish. I would like it fixed but I think it needs the door card and window taking out to access it from inside; I think it’s too sharp a dent for an external repair. 

that’s annoying, hate people with that lack of respect for other peoples things!

either way it looks incredibly clean compared to mine, pictures in my case hide a thousand sins!

Do have another issue now, the roof is leaking on the seal to tops of windows, only when moving after heavy rain

so car is kept outside, rained all last night and no water in car at all when got in. however on braking down the hill from my house water is coming in from the pinch point of the roof, door and windscreen upper edge on both sides. could this be drain channels, seals moved, windows height (is this adjustable with electric windows?) or something else?

its not loads and once the runoff from the roof has gone it stops and as said not occurring just sat still so no overnight flooding

oh roof is relatively new and looks to be in good condition in terms of seals etc.

Sun was out again today, couldn’t of picked a better few weeks to of acquired my first convertible.

anyway, nothing new to report other than bit more polishing to try to bring the paint up (what’s left of it that’s not rusty) as best I can.

another niggle, glove-box is wrecked, hinge appears to of broken one side, so need to investigate that.

pics from this morning in the sun and at a distance far enough away to hide most of the sins…lol!

20190515_081209 by staindsoul_18, on Flickr

20190515_080928 by staindsoul_18, on Flickr

20190515_080940 by staindsoul_18, on Flickr

Aha! - The Belper River Gardens. Car looks good! We put a seat in the gardens in memory of my late mother, Betty, with a small plaque. It’s just behind the grassed area as you walk along the front, by the river. Feel free to sit on it next time.

P.S. have the Peregrine Falcons nested on the mill this year?

I will take a walk next time I’m there chap!

Cracking place for a photo there too, always my go to!

Hi

Did you solve the leak? I’ve had my '03 Mk2.5 for about 5 weeks now, and I’ve had the same problem. Mine turned out to be the little drainage gulley at the top of the door window was silted up where there’s a kind of narrower point. Prodded wet pipe cleaners through until I’d cleared out the muck; problem solved when put to the test in heavy rain the other week.

Justine

Nice, and good work on the polishing.