NA Door Handles

1. My model of MX-5 is: NA
  2. I’m based near: North Chingford
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: four candles…sorry door handles.

I’m slowly going through a list of jobs on the car. The previous owner said he replaced the door handles. These definitely appear out of line.

Any idea why this would be?

Missing a little rubber stopper. You can see where its supposed to sit in the first photo. Not sure these are available so you might have to make some in silicone rubber

1 Like

Can’t advise, but I love those door handles. I wish they had kept them on the later models. Probably don’t meet current regs.

My friend said the same thing too…great design that is replicated with the internal handles. Shame these were fitted in the last year.

Look carefully at this Mazda Super20 concept

1 Like

Yes, these are iconic in design but look dreadful when both the levelling grommets’ disappear.
There were originally 2 per mechanism but one is enough. I resolved this issue on my 1997 MK1 by supergluing a couple of small round pieces of rubber in place of the functional part of the grommets. Just test first before supergluing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like