NA Mk1 / Eunos boot liner wanted

Hi
Does anyone have a black (i assume they are all black) boot lining for a mk1. My car is a V-Spec Eunos. Mine (worse for wear) seems to have the snap fasteners on one edge but no fastener to snap into.

Aternatively can someone point me in the direction of the material its made from

Thanks
Steve

Just for clarity, are you wanting the boot carpet or the battery cover?

It is very common to see the dot clips missing or rotted away to dust in the boot on the battery cover, You can get and fit new dot connections to both sides with a kit off the bay of e for a couple of £’s, the Mk 1 later versions were gray and a lot cheaper made, some UK spec Mx’s had a plastic cover rather than carpet cover trim.
Kit is also good for the back deck carpet and tonneau covers.

M-m

1 Like

I suspect it is the boot lining that is required and that the battery cover is missing altogether. This explains why the snap fasteners have nothing to fit to.
I think I have a boot lining and battery cover somewhere in the garage. From memory, there is a small cut out in the lining. If you are interested let me know.

To be fair the boot liner (which is black and not carpet) is not in bad shape given the age but the right hand edge which snaps onto the battery cover (same material) is odd. The floor liner has 5 snap fasteners but the battery cover has only 3, all of which snap on. Therefore the floor liner has 2 fasteners which just do nothing.
My guess therefore is that someone has obtained a new (?) Battery cover which does not quite fit
BTW the battery cover has a small bracket which kind of fits over a tail light bolt.
So really i suppose I’m looking for a battery cover with 5 snap fasteners
Hope this clarifies things

Steve

Hi NM1
If you have a battery cover that fits the bill then let me know.
I posted a message this morning to clarify

Steve

Hi Steve,
I don’t think I can help. On all 4 of the MX5’s I had, the battery cover never fitted on all of the snap fasteners.

There are extra fasteners as the battery cover had to be cut when fitting a lead acid battery in place of the original AGM one which originally was not available to buy over the counter.

I think photos may help here…

1 Like

I agree with Rob , pics are needed as it sounds like an owner in her life as fitted some magic mess to her?
M-m

1 Like

Thanks all
Will try to post a picture this weekend. Dont know how clear it will be give the thing is black.

Steve

Thanks to this info and the OP’s question, I bought the fastener kit, and replaced a missing fastener on my battery carpet cover, now fits great, and also fixed my deck storage bag which was missing fasteners

1 Like

Hi
Here are some pics showing as it is now, missing studs x 2, fastening clip and clip attached. Any thoughts??
On reflection i think I’ll buy the kit mentioned earlier and just add 2 snap ons to the boot cover.
Thanks for all the comments
Steve

Looks how it’s meant to be, nothing missing there. The extra studs on the carpet are to clip the battery cover to if you fit a larger battery and have to cut and re-position the battery cover.

The only thing I would say is that the plastic tag is meant to slot over one of the light studs and have a plastic nut to secure it.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks Robbie , thats extremely helpful. In a nutshell then I don’t have to do anything apart from finding a nut to secure the plastic tag.

Thanks again

Steve

1 Like