National rally - north east midands - area stand 2022

Hi All
It is 6 weeks to go to the National Rally and I have put forward a request for an area stand for the North East Midlands group. Each area stand is 10 metres by 10 metres allowing up to 9 cars on it. Planning/preparation arrival for stands will be 30 minutes prior to the gates opening at 10:30 am. I am looking for between 5 and 7 RED, MX5’s to be displayed on our stand, any Mk will do. As this is a themed event which is going to be ‘Historic Airfield and Aviation’, and we are intending to display in formation a repeat of a design we won with in 2014.

If you would like to display your car and be a part of this at the National Rally on Sunday 11th September, please add your name to the thread below.

David Sherratt has kindly offered to organise this for us on the day, and I will also be around to help as much as I can, but I will also be taking part in the judging of the Show and Shine competitions, so will be grateful for any help you can give on the day.
Also with ideas for the event, if you have any thoughts, we can discuss this at the August Club Meeting.

Thank you
David Mortiboys
Joint Area Co ordinator

Hi david. Happy to go on the stand if u need another red one.

If you are going to put someone in charge of precision parking Dave’s your man…

Hi David,
Have you got your 5 Red’s yet? as I would like to add my car if possible, please?

Many thanks
Karen

Hi David, another red car owner here if needed.

Jon

We have a club meeting next week on the 25th .I will know than how many Red cars I will need .Thanks for your interest. Regards David

1 Like

Hi, is there any update on this?

Hi Jon
At the moment I am still trying to get 7 cars on the stand, but I am not sure of how much room we have until we get there.
If we can get 7 cars on the stand it would be really good if we could have your car too, I am going on the Saturday the day before and will check this out then.
If you can arrive at 9 am on Sunday it would be great, if there is no spaces for another two cars, is it possible that you can help out on the stand?
My mobile number is 0781 4163389, if you arrive at 9am and can’t see me, please give me a ring and I can give you more information. Make sure you have your hanger and your printed tickets.
Thanks David

Thanks David,

Yes I can certainly get there for 9am (traffic holdups notwithstanding).

I’m assuming I need to inform staff on the gate to head towards the stand in my car rather than the regular parking?

What does helping on the stand entail, as I’ve never done anything like that before?

I’m more than happy to lend a hand but it’s my first rally and I’m sure you understand I want to get around and see as much of it as I can. Very happy to spend some time at the stand as well though.

See you on Sunday

Jon

Hi Jon You will park in the main car park which is 1minute of the club stand .As I said Saturday night I will know if we can get 7 cars on the stand . The club stand will take about 1 hour 30mins to set up. I will not be on the stand as I will be judging 35 cars Karen & John will be on the stand .Will try and let you know Saturday night if we can get your car on the stand you have my number. Regards David

Hi Jon can you tell me if your car is a mk1,2,3,4. Regards David

Hi David.
It’s a mk4

Mine is true red :joy::joy::joy::joy: