National rally sept 2021

So i’ve been for a quick drive to Steeple Claydon and back. I took the road from Buckingham to Padbury and on to Steeple Claydon. Then back out to Winslow via East Claydon.

The road from Padbury isn’t great but no worse than most around here. A lot of potholes have been patched. Unfortunately due to EWR road closure you have to go into the village and turn left to get to Claydon House. This bit of road is among the worst you will ever see - it has completely failed and a 200 yard stretch is controlled by traffic lights so that you can slalom your way through the subsidence. Get this wrong and you could quite easily bottom out (i was in my 4x4). There are no repairs going on at present.

The good news is that the road to and through East Claydon is mostly ok and on to Winslow has been resurfaced recently.

So at present my advice for anyone going to Claydon House is to do it via East Claydon but I reiterate that the direct route from Padbury to East Claydon is closed. Coming from the north i suggest taking the road from Winslow.

4 Likes