NC BBR Super200

I took the NC off to Brackley yesterday to have the Super200 kit installed. It took a full day so I spent the day at the Gsydon motor museum watching very old motoring newsreels and having a good laugh.

The upshot is I now have an engine that generates 205bhp at 7300rpm and 165lb ft at 4000rpm. Very, very impressed, it cost a few quid but worth every penny I think. Midrange torque is excellent and top range power is addictive. Power delivery is totally linear, my preference for fast road and trackday use.

Several trackdays are scheduled to give it a comprehensive test.

One happy man!

7 Likes

I would like to do this but it’s probably going to have to be in stages.

guessing the 3rd gear now performs like the stock second gear?

personally im looking at the 180kit in the next couple of months all being well.

1 Like

We’ll find out how well the ratios work out at Snetterton next month, I think some of the corners will indeed be 3rd gear rather than 2nd, but because we have 500 revs more, 2nd will still be useful.

i was actually thinking about acceleration.
im guessing that 3rd now pushes you back in the seat like pre 200kit second used too
And under full acelleration in second gear you now probably feel some weight on your arms?

It’s very good in 2nd and 3rd, very linear acceleration, nothing like a turbo engine. And very quick.

If anything, you hang onto the lower gear just to hear the exhaust howl. I won’t be checking economy for a long while, its just too much fun.

3 Likes

Is it around £2k cost ?

1 Like

£2.6k

1 Like

I wonder if they will do a deal for doing 2 together. I am also looking at 180

1 Like

it was my first time at Snetterton 300 mid feb this year and if I’m honest its now one of my favourite tracks to go. (tempted to go again now :joy: )