NC Boot slight oxidisation around number plate lights

I want to catch this before it gets worse. Seems it’s typical on these boots. I have slight oxidisation spreading around the number plate lights though all still very solid. Any suggestions on what to use to prep the area, seeing as its aluminium, before re painting. Thanks

Some previous suggestions here: https://forum.mx5oc.co.uk/search?q=boot%20corrosion

My 2006 nc was the same. I did usual of rub down prime and paint. Didn’t use anything special for primer and it’s remained ok for two years now. Lamps etc remove easily enough

Thank you

I worked mine with a Dremmel tool, brush painted with zinc primer.
Flatted back with wet n dry before spraying with a colour match.

That was about 4 maybe 5 years ago, and its’ still OK.

I couldn’t work out how to get the black rectangular blanking plate out, so I masked around it.

That link put up shows my boot lid painted. I used grey plastic primer as that is what I had doing another job. A couple coats of that and your colour choice then finish with a lacquer coat or two
The lights can be eased out from the left by inserting an old credit card under it and the seal and pushing to the right, it should spring out once the seal has been broken between rubber and lid. Same with that black plastic blank between the two lights.:+1:

Fantastic comments as usual so just order the paint etc. I will post a before and after when done. Cheers all.