NC brake servo and abs delete experience

Hi that definitely Rob’s department, and yes I believe he has some data. Give him a week he’ll be along.
Mike

Oh my days, its a great day when someone wants to talk to me about DATA! I show this stuff to the old man and he just glazes over!

So lets see, last time we ran our stickiest tyres (Toyo R888R’s) in the dry was at the sprint in Three sisters. In the (relatively) big braking zones there I was getting over -1.0G consistently with a peak of -1.2G on the fastest run.

Next up, In the dry at Cadwell on 100 compound Nankang NS2R’s at the big braking zone at the end of the back straight I don’t seem to have been getting anything like that amount. -0.9G is the peak there but we were having other issues with the car that day and I wasn’t really in full send mode anyway given it was a track day so maybe that’s the difference.

Finally, at the offending track day just gone, on the rainsports on a drying track it looks like I was getting about -0.5G at best before the backs locked up and sent me off… Right at the end of the day when the track was dry on the racing line and we had the 100 compound NS2R’s back on I was pulling -0.9G on average clipping at -1.2G in a few places when initially getting on the pedal trailing off to about -0.7G trying to manage the squeal before turning in. It was slippery and the braking was sketchy but I was throwing the kitchen sink at it by that point so I don’t think i’d have done any better than that. Looking at the data from previous runs there I have braked later there before but was able to maintain a more consistent pressure for longer.

All this being said, and as the old man has identified, it seems that I tend to Stomp on the brakes a bit and those 1.2G readings are peaks not consistent pressures. That was right on the limit at both Three Sisters and Blyton. Especially in the footage from Blyton just gone you can hear the tyres really complaining about it on the way into the corners. I’ll PM you a link to the footage of the latest runs.

Hope that’s useful, even if it isn’t, I enjoyed looking into it! :grin: