NC Mirror hanging off

Got back to my car last night and found a wing mirror hanging off. Looks like it’s been bodged before (although this ‘fix’ lasted at least 2 years, which is how long I’ve had the car!). How hard is it to replace this? Any ideas where to look for a used one? My googling didn’t show up anything particularly useful.

Replacement is easy.Hardest bit is getting the interior door car off and that’s not tricky.

MX5 parts do genuine painted new mirror for just over £100. I had to do mine last year, 

I got the new mirror finally! (10 days delivery my ^&*%!). Anyway, quick question for anyone with experience of new wing mirrors…

This one is the genuine replacement wing mirror from MX-5 Parts. It’s rotated to 90° to allow access to the screws. I expected to be able to turn it easily by hand, but I can’t budge it a millimetre. Do I just screw it up to the door and then give it some almighty gusto - or is that indicative of a problem?! It was £150, I don’t want to totally bugger it straight away and have to wait another month and fork out another £150!

They are stiff to rotate when fixed to the door but do go with a firm twist.
My wife won’t touch them when asked to turn the mirror in her side.:roll_eyes:

They are quite stiff to fold back - as you only have the mirror mount to hold when trying to rotate the mirror (rather than rotating it when it’s securely bolted to the door) you don’t have enough leverage.

Suggest that you fit it & then try folding it out - should be fine.