NC Sport shocks, Sach's, Kong, Bilstein

I have this week fitted VMAXX Classics to my NC1. Bilsteins were very noisy, or at least I had concluded they were. The fitting was quite straightforward and I was then able to adjust height to match previous, which was with eibach -30mm springs. Alignment was set at that ride height and I was very happy with the stance and clearance. All seems very good and as I have posted on other threads, all noises completely gone and handling very taught, the ride being firmer than before. Only done 20 miles so will report back once bedded in.

Main issue though, this VMAXX kit was £420 delivered, being excellent value and a real alternative to those not needing adjustable damping.

1 Like

What are your thoughts 3 years on? I’m about to fit B8s with Eibach

If you are happy with the ride heights on the eibach, then a set of B8s would be a good thing. Do check prices on Autodoc, often see B12 kits for less than the price of a set of B8s. (B12 is B8s plus springs - so a no brained if the same price. Free springs!)

I love my car on the CRDs, and I have occasionally tweaked the damping to soften or stiffen depending on where/what I am doing. Couldn’t do that on B8s.

On balance, if the Eibach ride height was fine, and a B12 kit was £300 less than the CRDs, I would go Bilstein. For me, the adjustability of the CRDs just about makes them worth the extra, but it is close.

1 Like

Yeah I checked prices, Demon Tweeks have a sale on so got the B8s, I had Wheels In Motion fit the Eibachs and ride height is perfect

Thanks for the update