[NC] Swap 2.0 in 1.8 MX5 NC

How did they get round the Purge solenoid tapping point to the fuel tank? Is there still a fuel tank connection they could use in the 1.8?

I would guess everything else was on the engine.

JohnC

1 Like

Hi John,
It required a 2.0l engine wiring harness which includes the pigtail and connector. Then added the Purge solenoid valve. Not an expensive item and included in the price of the harness.

Something else you will need I guess if you don’t already have it.
Archie

The purge solenoid valve is new for me. It’s not in my car right now then if it should be swapped and is not on the engine. What does it do?

Emissions control.

Look in Mellens that’s where I went to look at the location of the bits.

To my knowledge they only added the solenoid without the plumbing as it only required the connection to be made to the unit. To make and complete the circuit to prevent the EML dash light coming on. I’ll have a look and take a photo tomorrow for edification of others. John, don’t forget the Mellens manuals are based on the US market motors, Euro motors didn’t have all the emissions requirements back when these were being built.
HTH

I got that wrong It connects into the return fuel line. See Att:
HTH now?

1 Like

Some better daylight pictures, should give everyone a better view and understanding of how it fits in. IMO it’s not as shown in the Mellens Manual as I see it sitting on the Throttle body intake on the 90degree bend.

1 Like