NC upgrade rx8 ARB v lowering.

Ive just picked up a pair of yellow dot rx8 arb,s so let us know how easy/difficult it is to fit them.
Ive heard the front one is the harder one to get on.
Have you purchased new bushes to go on the bars and if so which ones and where from please?
Regards
Rob.

Back was easy, front looked more challenging except for one slight thing… ?? it’s been replaced with a black 26mm bar with yellow spray on it… it had twice had a warning about the arb on mot, so it’s been changed and they put a decent one on it. So now I have a spare front roll bar and bushes! and drop links.

So boot and all fittings are back in tomorrow it’s the front suspension without having to do the arb.

what links are they, standard mazda ones?
And the bushes?
Let me know if your selling them.
Ta

Front 26.5mm:

rear 16mm:

Haynes manual says you need to unbolt and tilt the radiator but this isn’t necessary, careful maneuvering from one side and you can remove it. The rear has loads of clearance.

It only became apparent how much beefier the yellow ARBs were when I compared them:

Hope this helps.

PS it’s a super upgrade, I did a few “before and after” corners and it’s surprising how much more speed you carry through a corner :) 

Great stuff.
Thanks for the info.
Regards
Rob

Woohoo all done, got a £23 torque wrench from screw fix and that helped me to be happy I’d done everything up right, quick trip round the block, and it’s dropped can fit two maybe two and a half fingers high between the wheel and the arch.

The front was nice and easy. The top wishbone I undid both parts and pulled the front screw/bolt out, the back one just pulled it out as far as possible avoiding the brake stuff that is there, then just undo at the top and the bottom of the suspension, and there is just enough room to wiggle it out without messing with anything else. Fitting is the same wiggle it in, then very loosely put a couple of the top bolts in then wiggle the bottom to fit it on. Then do the wishbone up, and then the suspension up. Had a delay for the rain, but woohoo all done. Not silly low, but lower. Six bolts or screws each side in total, plus removing the engine cross strut on the sport version, which mine is.

Having a bath then taking it out for a drive.

I got carried away, and fitted this as well.