NC Venture alloy wheels refurb

They had scrapes and scuffs, no bent rims from pot holes etc

1 Like

I had a spare set powder coated. The original set ate still silver though.

strong text

2 Likes

They look very nice! Don’t get me started, I’ll end up doing something else with mine if I’m not careful :joy::joy:

Barrie

3 Likes

SNAP !! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Crikey, that does look very pretty… :heart_eyes:

Thank you, the gold is very bright and shiny, I love it

I had the two n/s wheels refurbished and powder coated by a local firm that does work for the local Porsche, Maserati and Ferrari dealers, a bit pricier than the rest but they do a very good job. I had to laugh as when I went in the chap who came out to have a look a the o/s pair for a colour match said he couldn’t possibly do them to oem standard as they don’t do refinishing work that badly! The wheels on my 2012 Venture Edition are supposed to be graphite but you can see that all that was done at the Mazda factory was a quick blow over of the standard silver with a second overspray of graphite on top. The original finish is appalling. I just have to make sure when putting the wheels back on I put the matching pairs on their respective side. The difference is only obvious when the two originals are seen next to the oems, the refurbished pair are to a much higher standard than the oem two.

2 Likes

Anybody in essex had their wheels refurbished and recommend? Ive got to wait until september for Alloy Art Wheel Repair Centre in Rochford, very popular and they do an a1 job, but I just cannot wait that long.

I used Wheelworx in Colchester.

I have also used Wheelworx in Colchester. They do an excellent job.

1 Like

That’s funny, well, not funny ah ah, but your story explains what I was told when I got my quote for a refurb (see the start of this thread): the technician said my wheels had already been painted over… Hence he would not be able to match the colour. Unbelievable to think it is another piece of shoddy work from Mazda.

2 Likes