NC (with PRHT) modified by BBR ( or similar)

Hi Folks. Am wanting to enter the world of MX5 ownership and am keen to find an NC model that has been subtly tuned/modified - by way of more power and ideally handling tweaks too.

Something like a BBR 200 or turbo, which has been professionally carried out, perhaps with aftermarket suspension mods.

Aside from that am open on the rest of the spec,

Have just sold my long term sportscar - and am ready to buy. So if you have something that may well fit, or know of one that’s likely to be for sale in the very near future - pls give me a shout. I’m not a habitual tyre kicker - i don’t have time for that, so when the right car comes up will be able to react - fast.

cheers
mark

Hi Mark,
Welcome!
You won’t regret buying a lightly modified MX5! Out of interest, what have you just sold?

I have something similar to what you’re looking for, mk3 (soft top) 2.0i sport that’s been n/a BBR’d (189hp/163lbft),eibach springs and fast road alignment. Plus good rubber. Honestly, it’s an absolute gem to drive. A few friends that have higher end (whatever that means) sports cars always come away from the 5 excited with its handling.

Hope you find the one soon!!!

All the best, Adam

many thx Adam.
i had a Tiger kit car for 10+ years, so with only 630ish kg and more than 200bhp in that engine, anything other than a modded ‘5’ will probs feel a bit pedestrian.
Plus the handling in that was ‘quite good’…

Yeps, i hope i find the right one soon too,!!

1 Like

I saw something on Facebook mk3 group earlier, think it was BBR180 low miles , burgundy colour :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Hi ‘Bally’, am not a heavt user of FB…
would this be the Group that you mentioned?

Mazda MX5 Miata NC Mk3 Cars and Parts (FOR SALE)

Wow I don’t doubt that!!! :sunglasses::sunglasses::+1:

Keep us posted! This is a super forum and in the time I’ve been hanging around I’ve had some great advice from the members here.

I’m not good on Facebook either :astonished:
It just popped up :top:
I’ll see if I can find it again but not confident :worried::worried::worried:

Try this :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:
Sorry I don’t know how to link it 🫣

thanks for that, managed to find the Group/Advert and message him; will see what happens.

1 Like

thanks for that tip, went and bought that one today!

4 Likes