NC2 Owners A Question

Do they come with a jack and wheel brace in the boot cubby space?
I’ve got the NC1 and that has both jack and of course the compressor and tyre sealant.

2 Likes

Yes they do Mick, now don’t go swapping yours just because a newer model has the same arrangement :joy:

Barrie

1 Like

Well Barrie I check all these things, I’ve been blinded by salesmen’s waffle today, boot contents checked, where’s the jack, blank looks​:thinking::grimacing:
Anyways I’m looking ATM not yet buying, it’s a good one but I’m reluctant to say anymore as I need them to get back to me re a question I asked over something else. To be fair they sell cars, loads of different marques so don’t have an in depth knowledge of every one especially used non franchised ones.

1 Like

I don’t think I would class knowing where a spare wheel (try that one on an MX5) and tool kits are stored rates as in depth knowledge…

Nope! My 2013 came with no jack. Does come with the tool kit including the wheel brace. However, I have the 21mm socket and extended brace. Comes with the tyre inflated compressor/sealant kit though. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I know what you mean but the question asked,
Where’s the jack? answer…if there isn’t a spare wheel it won’t have a jack only the sealant and compressor.
A further question asked, where’s the sealant and compressor then? Answer… you’ll get one added to the car but no jack.

Left it at that for now, I sort of knew different but needed to be sure

The car should definitely have a jack, IIRC, the procedure for using the Mazda IMS repair kit means you have to take the weight off the wheel/tyre to do a proper job, albeit temporary repair. In the drivers side rear cubby in the boot, there is a specific area for the jack and a T bolt to retain it in place. The jack only goes in one way so it all aligns securely in the cubby.

Barrie

2 Likes

That’s where mine is on the sport Barrie. These little things missing annoy really but we’ll see how this goes.

2 Likes

Seriously they don’t come with a jack. :man_shrugging: I questioned it on buying and was told basically no spare wheel no jack. Bought a scissor jack which fits in the mounting on the right, (behind the plastic access cover as yours). As above If I was to get a puncture I would want to jack it up and have a look and do it properly (if feasible). :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

I seem to remember hearing that part way through the NC2 run that Mazda stopped supplying the jack.

2 Likes

Fair enough then :+1: just glad mine did or I would be doing what you did and get one anyway! As coconino says, more than likely a model year change? Mines only a 2010 so 5 years more production run can mean changes all over! :nerd_face:

Barrie

1 Like

So maybe the salesperson was correct in my case then. Glad I asked, you are correct too Barrie, my car and yours were supplied with one.:grin:

Just checked with my mate who has a 2012 3.5 Sport Venture. His does have one. Mine is the first run of the 3.75 2013, so that will be why mine hasn’t. Totally daft and not logical as “Spock” would say. Happy hunting, sure one will pop up soon. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Thanks for the info👍
Cost cutting obviously by Mazda.

TBH in 7 years ownership mines sat right there in the cubby never really moved and used, one day though it could be.:thinking:

1 Like

Mine is a 2013 MK3.75 and has a jack and tyre inflating kit.
I realise the OP asked about NC2’s, which, if my memory serves me well, ran from 2009 to 2012, so I am only adding my 2 penny in view of previous answers.

1 Like

Mines a 2010 NC2 Sportech and fortunately I have a jack, tool kit and tyre repair kit plus I added a can of holts tyre weld as I don’t trust the 10 years old stuff in the kit.

1 Like

Lucky chap! :slightly_smiling_face:
Clearly a lottery who does and who doesn’t.:man_shrugging:

I tried to haggle a jack with our 2016 Mazda3, and the salesman even went to have a look in their Parts Stores, but not even any stock. He then quoted a price more than twice that of the small 1 tonne I had already bought online including wrench kit for the NC.

Go for a bigger 1.5 tonne so you don’t need a thick block underneath.

This is probably a silly suggestion but the tyre repair kit isn’t an option is it? I can’t believe the jack would be but I may be wrong.

1 Like

No that’s with every NC as they never had a spare. The jack it seems could have been ommited from the spec after 2013 and just maybe on some models, just guessing.