ND 1.5 2nd service

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND (2) 1.5

Hi all, our MX is due its 2nd service soon. Just wondering if anybody knows what is involved and typical cost?

Also wonder if it is worth shopping around. I think they normally include a brake fluid change?..but apart from that and oil and filter I assume its just the usual paying somebody to tick a load of boxes…

…I would be happy to go with a good “indy” after 3 years but thought it best to remain with a main stealer for the first 3…

…any comments welcome…

ta…

Yes, service 2 has the brake fluid change. A few ‘extra’ checks. Mine cost £300 on the nose. That’s the 2L, but I can’t see why the price would have been different if it had been a 1.5

1 Like

It is worth shopping around if you are happy to have a day out in a different town. When checking and comparing price ask what is included. Some include the brake fluid change and some don’t. Some do ‘addons’ like air conditioning cleaning, oil flush and fuel cleaners. Profit initiatives are quite common so make sure you are happy with the package. As a rough guide you should be able to get under £200 without the fluid change from a main dealer.
The schedule is here MX-5_8EV5-EE-15E_Edition1.indb (mazda.media) Page 398 (Section 6-4)
:heart:

1 Like

It’s rather more than that…Why so cynical?

I believe only an authorised Mazda dealer can validate the body work to maintain the anti corrosion warranty

Don’t use your dealer… they make less money…they go bust…,what do you do then?

Yep use them or lose them, do we really want to just buy cars online like Amazon products?

But do shop around, you can get some better deals.

Best to stick with Mazda in the 3 year warranty after that do what you want. If you have FSH with the dealer during warranty you are more likely to get goodwill towards claims.

Same as the high street, if you want to have one use it, dealers are the same.

I always include the first three years servicing as part of the deal when buying a new car. If the car isn’t being discounted as such the “extras” such as servicing, mats, ceramic coating, options etc can normally be included or hugely discounted.
Too late for the OP I know, but worth considering if/when renewing the car

1 Like

Mazda can offer a goodwill contributions on some repairs for up to seven years if a Mazda main dealer service history is maintained.

2 Likes

Yes I have a service plan on my CX-5 for 3 years, £20 a months covers 3 services and the brake fluid at 2 years.
I worked out it was cheaper than paying as you go as most services at a Mazda dealer are £250-300 each, also you fix the price, not subject to inflation.