ND Discs and Pads

Pagid front pads are £75.99 and 80.99 and Brembo are 73.99 on Eurocarparts today. Both have a 45% discount voucher to apply.

Looking at the specs there appears to be some options on Brembo or Advics brake system? The dimensions appear to be slightly different on the pads.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Nat

B-)

1 Like

The brakes on my ND1 were adequate, OK in normal driving but lacking any real power. I asked Paul Roddison to fit EBC Greenstuff pads but he would not recommend them. He fitted upgraded pads for me (I’m not sure what make) and the brakes became spectacularly good. Plenty of feel and massive stopping power. The only downside was the brake dust which was terrible. Given the choice I would choose the stopping power over shiny wheels.
The brakes on my recently acquired ND2 are back to being adequate and I will be upgrading again in due course.

Paul probably fitted these -

He put them on my ND2, and today I had the first opportunity to find their limits; truly confidence inspiring even when decelerating from over 90mph downhill into Cascades. You’re not wrong about the dust though, as a sooty deposit was clearly visible after only my first 20min session. Small price to pay imo.

3 Likes

Both my son NCSportstech and myself NDRecaro have replaced both discs and pads for Mintex with grooved disc. The improvement in brake performance on both cars was amazing definitely worth the swap.

1 Like

Hiya,
Have you got any links etc for the ND’s Mintex pads + grooved disks please?
Cheers.

Hi. I got mine direct from Mintex.com. They have an online catalogue. Price was good and the performance difference was excellent. You get them painted silver black or gold so no rust lines in the future.

Cheers. I’d looked at that catalogue after i read your post. I wondered, as they disks they offer (for the ND1) don’t seem to be grooved ones?

Worth giving them a call. I thought they did the grooves slots and holes across the whole range.

Yes, they might be. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks for the ECP discount pointer.

I’ve just bought some Brembo front pads for the Mazda3 from Eurocarparts with the 45% discount. 38.49 delivered.

The five-year-old OE pads have ample meat after a mere 17,000 miles but are beginning to grab when cold and fade badly when hot so I guess water has got into the pad material. Discs look fine. Brakes were bled last year at the service.

1 Like