ND steering wheel wanted

Wanted please, standard bare mk4/ND steering wheel as a donor to send to Royal for recovering as I use my car daily and cannot be carless for weeks.
Condition immaterial, no switches or airbag required, as I’ll fit everything from my existing wheel.

Pretty sure Royal Steering Wheels provide exchange options where they can send you a new wheel and then, once the new one has been fitted, you send your original back:
https://royalsteeringwheels.com/order/

1 Like

What style are you going for ?,been thinking of a change myself lol

Not really sure what style yet, I’ll probably keep it simple, possibly part alcantara to match the rest of the interior.
One of the first things that struck me with the Mazda is how skinny the steering wheel was, and in my cars case, slippery. I’ve now cleaned it with a leather cleaner which has taken off what I presume was silicone, and it is better. I’ve had BMW’s for years and have got used to and prefer the thicker softer wheel on those.
I want to be able to put the original wheel back on if I ever sell the car, hence the desire for a donor wheel.

Hi Colin. Get in touch with “rodders”, Paul Roddinson, he’s probably got spares as he services and rebuilds ND’s for racing etc.

Great idea, thank you. I’ll pm him.

1 Like

Also look at the aftermarket wheels from Zymexx, they accept the airbag and buttons.

I am getting mine done at Royal in April; you are welcome to it after I’ve been done .

Thanks John, that’s really kind.
If you could PM me once you’re done we can sort out a price/postage etc, or if you’re reasonably close I could collect it. I’m south Hants.
What style are you having?

O/D The style I’ve picked is the first one listed for the Mk 4 - so it is smaller, thicker and slightly flat bottomed . I’ve had enough of the standard offering , which is too big , too slippy and too thin - I’d even swap it for the one in my OH’s Yaris , which is far nicer . I will PM you when I have a date .

1 Like

Same reasons as me, I thought it was just my wheel that was slippery, - that it had been cleaned using silicone or something. Obviously not!
I’m probably going for either picture 3 or 6, the M wheel in my last BMW was slightly too thick, so the slightly thicker than original appeals. I’ve not got on with VAG flat bottomed wheels but like the appearance. The Royal one isn’t as flat bottomed, which I like, a good compromise I think.
Mine will have orange stitching, and no stripe at the top.
Every bit of feedback I’ve read about Royal is positive, even over the long term.
I look forward to hearing from you in due course, thanks again John.

1 Like

Whilst you are talking steering wheels, I have just bought a new ND and I must say the standard steering wheel is one of the standout features of the car. Good size overall, great thickness and a good leather finish. Not sure how it will last, but as it is currently brand new, it is one of the nicest wheels I have used.

1 Like

Hi date sorted - April 15th . Can you let me know whether you’d like to collect on the day or whatever suits. Easiest to ring/text me 07711 889304 as some of my PMs have bounced back on here

Hi. Just changed my standard wheel for a Real steering wheel. Bought it through Rev9 Autosport. Came from Japan. Easy to swap over and very pleased with it. Virtually the same size as the original, but better profile without being too thick.