ND Tools questions

Im looking to make a “dad purchase” :smiley:

I have a new steering wheel on order, I read somewhere that its possible to buy an airbag removal tool, but I can’t find one anywhere, can anyone help please.

Also have a new strut brace on order, for anyone who has fitted on do I need ‘deep socket set’ to make life easier?

I don’t know the ND steering wheel but it looks pretty much like the NC wheel/airbag set up. No special tools require for the NC wheel airbag removal, could be wrong though.
Deep socket could be required for the fixings on the strut brace, just buy the one size you need rather than a set but I guess you meant that.

Thanks both.

What tool is used to remove the airbag lock, seen something similar, either read it or on YouTube. Looks like a plastic screw driver, presumably metal may damage the internals?

Just viewed the videos for the ND SW removal. Just use a punch type tool, nothing special, something with a flat end on it, even a long piece of dowel. It’s just to push on the release spring as in the video.
The other video shows the wheel came off just by pulling it off with even pressure but I would leave the nut on the end of the spline to a save a smack in the face😁

1 Like

Flat blade screwdriver is the tool of choice…… :+1:

1 Like

Done mine, no special tool needed for the airbag, I did however need a steering wheel puller for mine but I appear to be in the minority in that respect as no-one else i’ve spoken to needed to. No special tools needed for the strut brace either, not even the rear one which was a bit trickier to fit.