New handbrake cable to an NA

1. My model of MX-5 is: mx5 NA
  2. I’m based near: hexham
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: refitting handbrake cable

I took the knackered handbrake cables off my 96/7 and then was tied up with other things so it’s been a few weeks……

In terms of putting the new cable in I remembered to cross them over but I am 80% sure the r/hand handbrake cable to body bracket goes behind the bracket for the gaggle of brake pipe and fuel pipe from the filter. Can anyone make me 100%.

I didn’t know they had a fuel filter plastic cover. Do you folks have one and do they use the standard plastic screw/ rivet thing of the sort used to old bits of arch protector in?

Thanks

Hi Andrew

I will try to have a look re handbrake cable later as have a 97 Mk1 here.
The fuel pump cover has its own particular type of fixings which are not the same as the wheel arch liner type. The inner piece is threaded and broader than the wheel arch pure push fixings. I have a clean undamaged MK2 fuel pump cover here and a couple of fixings but not sure if the MK1 is the same cover part?

Thanks Rob. Sorry I hadn’t responded as I was hoping someone else could advise if they were common parts to the NA and NB. I’ve just managed to resolve while doing another job under it.