New head unit fitted NC

Yes it’s a fly lead (couldn’t thing of the term when I posted earlier, it’s an age thing) mine below. The extended USB cable then I just connect the phone up.
I’ve got the converted centre cubby, Mx5parts sell the conversion, do away with the useless cup holders, the phone sits in there nicely.

I’ve got used to connecting phone etc up to the existing USB port in the back of the centre console.

So I asked them if there would be any chance of connecting this to the new head unit. Initially they didn’t think it was possible. But I’m pleased to say they did that, I didn’t want a flying lead hanging about or even worse for me in the glove box.

Great, thanks both of you - mine doesn’t have the USB socket there, but I currently leave a charger in the 12v socket anyway.
A couple of different options, so much appreciated - I’ll take a look at the cupholder option too.
It looks like wireless Carplay and even Android Auto are becoming more available too!

Had the Kenwood Unit fitted a few years ago, also has a integrated dashcam which is useful and looks very neat, as much as i love the look of the original unit, this is a very handy upgrade.
You might also spot the USB port install in the centre console.

3 Likes