New in Cheshire…

Hello! New to the club and to MX5 ownership. By new, I mean only bought it yesterday and not getting it until next week!

It is a 2002 1.8 Arizona.

It’s going to be a summer toy, so I wondered what recommendations folks had for a battery charger? Something I can leave plugged in and know the battery will be in good condition. I’ve heard good things about CTek but no idea which one would be enough. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Welcome S,

Look out for the Aldi or Lidl smart chargers and save a few quid, Us Northerners know a thing-a -2 about these things,
Seriously though any ‘smart’ charger will do the job.
Enjoy the new experience of MX5 ownership and just drive it.
:heart:

1 Like

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Drive and enjoy :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

Welcome - I have a 2003 1.8 NBFL and use the CTEK MXS 5.0 and find it excellent. I bought the longer battery extension lead which means the charger is mounted on the garage wall - so easy to check. You can also permanently connect the leads to the battery, which is supplied for a safer fit. Just need 2x 6mm nuts and washers. Had one for a couple of years following recommendations on here.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll have a look into that.

Thanks for that. I’ll have a look. Looking forward to taking it out a bit before putting it away for winter.

Welcome to the club

1 Like

+1for the Aldi/Lidl smart charger - mine is on all the time, keeps the battery nicely at full charge - only one minor snag, if the power goes off you have to reset the charger each time.
I’m in Cheshire too (the southern muddy bit)
We’ve had a few power cuts near us in the last few days, two of our Daughters who live just a mile away were off for 36 hours - had to come to us for phone charging, eating and warming children etc(in that order) and now it’s snowing and we are due to take my ND for a minor bodywork repair tomorrow - could be fun!

1 Like

There is plenty of salt on the roads! Good luck tomorrow. And thanks for the tip!