New member Derbyshire

So finally we’ve bought an MX5 2.5, 2005, 1.6, 39,000 from new, no mods. I’ve looked on and off or several years, but never found one without impending rot issues. But after subframe rust issues on our Mercedes c320 coupe we needed a replacement car and this one hit spot!

8 Likes

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy your new ride :+1:

It should be more entertaining than your C. Hope you enjoy!

Hello and welcome from not too far away in Nottinghamshire… Glad after several years you’ve found the one for you! :slight_smile:

Rob

Welcome to the club.

Thanks for all the welcome messages. Yes, Christophe1 it’s way more engaging and entertaining than the C! The other half had a quick drive of it yesterday and fell in love, I used it today for work as my car was in for an MOT and had lots of fun! Addictive aren’t they?!

2 Likes

They are addictive, yes. I only have a MK3.75 with the 1.8 engine, and as such it isn’t the best of the bunch. Yet I got hooked the moment its previous owner picked me up from the train station, and I was only a passenger at that point.
When I drove it an hour later, I knew I was going to drive MX-5’s for the rest of my life.
Glad you both love yours!

Hello Brian, be sure to wave when you see me!

Hi
Is this the one from Barnsley?
Was on eBay a couple of weeks ago ?

Yes, that’s the one!

Will do, I’m glad the waving and flashing of headlights is still alive and well!

Tried to message you …
You received it :thinking::thinking:

Wellcome to the club hope to see you riding Around Derbyshire be sure to wave back to me in my 1.6 James & Christine

2 Likes

Thanks, don’t worry we will! We’re currently sporting the matching hard top, so should be easy to spot!

Looks good, congrats.

Thanks. Planning some precautionary maintenance. New tyres being fitted tomorrow, brake fluid change later in the week, new plugs, battery and panel filter on order. I think new power steering and clutch fluids to follow, with a change of gearbox and diff oils as well.

1 Like

Hi we live in the Scottish Borders and have a 2000 nb it had 12000 miles on the clock we have had it around 3 years and has now 26000 on the clock hope you enjoy your MX5 as much as we do .

1 Like