New member from Blyth

Hi all, anyone near me a member here ?

Hi and welcome… I’m not myself!, but sure there are a few up there :slight_smile:

Welcome! :red_car:

Hi PaleRider (great film btw).
Welcome to the forums.
Not that close to you unfortunately but there are sure to be plenty that are along soon.
Stay safe.
Guy

1 Like

Ha ha ha yes Im a huge Clint fan !

Is this Blyth near Worksop?
Im in Rotherham but not a member yet, just a frequenter of the forum.

No mate… Blyth Northumberland.

Hey - I just joined this month as well. Nice to see someone local :slight_smile: I live in Durham so not far from you, have to go for a drive out when this snow clears up!

1 Like

yeh sounds good, however Im sorn and plodding on with jobs on her.

Just ordered set of coilovers yesterday :grinning:

Which model you running ?

I’ve got an 07 2.0 Sport in Winning blue. I love it!

I’m not going to be modding mine out too much yet - As a young driver the insurance won’t let me stick a bunch of mods on, but we’ll see about it next year.
I’m about to get it in for a proper rust treatment and under-seal, I’m pretty certain there’s nothing too awful but I’m expecting a bit of welding to be required due to the age. The main thing is that it’s my daily, so I need to have the peace of mind that it’s not rotting away every time I take it out in the rain.

1 Like

you get the work done yet you mentioned ? if so how much was needed ?

Going in on Monday, will let you know.

yes i live in Blyth

blyth northumberland ?

Yes blyth Northumberland, are you from blyth too

sorry late reply…working,

eye mate Newsham Farm

Gateshead - not a million miles away

Hi sorry its been very quiet on here , I’m from blyth too. We are hoping to arrange a few drives out etc at the next meeting in blyth

Cheers mate, however cars in bits and in garage.
Wings, bumpers, lights out, coilovers to go on.
Been too busy last few months to work on it.
Rust protection etc sorted, idea is a full respray hence the strip down… Funds willing like :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’ve just had work done on mine too. Back on the road now. Mines a mk2.5 in silver. Would be interested in popping over sometime to see how yours is getting on. Cheers David