New member from Dunstable area

Hiya

Just got my first ever MX5 ND (and learnt what ND means) in Eternal Blue 2019, wanted one for years

Just thought I would say hello
Andy

7 Likes

Hi Welcome

Hello Andy, welcome aboard.
Here’s to many miles of enjoyable top down motoring.
Enjoy your new steed.
Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

I’m to a fellow newbie, welcome on this journey

Welcome to The Forum.
It’s all on here somewhere…:+1:

Welcome to the club

Welcome, Andy! (What does ND mean?)

David

Welcome from Watford Andy best wishes for many smiles per mile in your ND.

David the lifespan of the MX-5 to date breaks down into 4 phases NA up to 1998 NB up to 2005 NC to 2012 and currently ND. These can be broken down further into face lifts and other subtle changes. Hope that helps.

Yes. That I know; but what does “ND” stand for? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

David

It would appear Mazda started issuing different platforms letters to the forth space in their VIN numbers from 1981 starting with B for compact frontWD vehicles.

M was assigned to midsize front wheel drive cars in 1988 and the following year N was assigned to front /mid engine RWD sportscars.

A,B,C and D denote the to date four differentt generations with E being used for the FIAT 124 Sport collaberation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. The ABCD was clear, but I never knew about the logic of the first letter. Is the Mk,1,2,3,4 classification only used on the UK?

David

I would not be surprised if the Mk thing is a UK only, but I have no idea :wink:

I have only encountered the Mk nomenclature on this forum.

David

You see it all over UK dominated MX-5 pages on fb :wink: