New Member from Hampshire - just bought an ND

Hi everyone.

Jon from East Hampshire here.

My wife and I have just put the deposit down on an ND2 GT Sport Tech 2.0 litre in machine grey, which we’ve been told will be ready for delivery in June. We did originally want it in blue, but the lead times are getting silly on them.

Really looking forwards to picking it up. We did a test drive in the demonstrator, and really enjoyed the feeling of the car on the B roads of West Surrey. Hopefully, we’ll be able to join you on club days once our car arrives.

Mazda and MX5s are a very new thing for us (our other car is a very slow EV), so any tips gratefully received.

Jon

6 Likes

Welcome to the club.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club. Depending on your postcode you will be assigned to either South Central or Solent Area. Paul Milbourn and myself run South Central and look forward to seeing you if you are in our Area. If not Mal and Terry are in charge of Solent and will help you. Happy motoring.

1 Like

Hi Dipstick. I’m up in Bordon, so will likely be in South Central Area. Hope to see you at a meet once we get our car.

1 Like

Hi Jon, and welcome from Nottinghamshire. I bet you both can hardly wait… :slight_smile:
Tips? Just three. 1, top down 2, drive and 3 enjoy :joy:

Rob

3 Likes

Hi Jon, what he said :arrow_double_up:

Welcome aboard :+1:

Hi Jon,
Welcome, like you I have the GT Sport Tech on order, out of interest what estimated date were you recently given for the blue? I ordered that colour a month ago and the estimate I was given was the end of June to end of July.

Cheers Michael

1 Like

…is it too late to cancel your order?..you will hate it, we have only been MX5 'ing for 24 years and it’s a truly horrible experience, we have tried a Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 and now an ND, it just gets worse and worse, poor handling, poor fuel consumption, always getting wet when it rains, terrible reliability and absolutely no fun at all.

Can’t wait for them to stop making them and bring the pain to an end, we can then get a nice family saloon…maybe a Dacia??

3 Likes

Welcome to the top down family.
I’m just back from The Peaks.
Howling wind and 5 degrees at the warmest, but no roof on all week.
Complete MX madness out there😁

2 Likes

:laughing:

Hahaha

I think you’ve done well getting one so quickly no matter the colour.
I ordered mine at the end of December and I’m picking it up next week.
I was told even before then when I had a test drive in November that there were no stock vehicles, everything was being built to order.

6 sleeps to go now, can’t wait!

3 Likes

I was given end of September for the blue. End of June for the grey or black.

I am trading in my Skoda Karoq for this. Never owned a sports car before (loads of hot hatches), but worried the Mazda won’t be able to provide the white-knuckle thrills you got in the Skoda of holding an apex whilst giving a dab of oppo.

Still, I’ll do my best.

1 Like

Hi John,

Welcome to the MX5OC and as you are based in East Hampshire, you fall under Solent Area, of which Terry and myself are AC’s.

You and your wife would be very welcome to join us in your ND2 on any of drives and events.

Be sure to check out our Solent Area Programme on the forum or email/PM us if you have any questions.

Regards

Mal & Terry

1 Like

As Bordon has a GU postcode you will come under South Central. But you are on the border of Solent. You can choose which area you sign up to. Any member can request information from more than one area.

1 Like

Good point Alan, didnt realise the members lived in Bordon, so definately South Central :+1:

1 Like

I ordered the same model in mid February but in the new colour platinum Quartz. It’s interesting that colour is now being mentioned as a lead time issue in this thread. I was quoted 12-16 weeks and I am approaching 12 weeks this Saturday.
The dealer has been unable to provide a tangible update so far. I noticed in an MX5 ND group post that a shortage of Bose sound systems is also being cited as a source of delay.
On the credit side Mazda are now shipping some models direct from Japan into the UK saving 10 days on what could be a 5-6 week journey.
I had to sell my ND1 privately as it was significantly modified, couldn’t be part exchanged and am hosting a club run in Aug - fingers & toes crossed.
Keith in York

2 Likes