New member from Horsham

Hi all,

Just joined and wanted to say hello - collected my first MX5 on Saturday and drove it back from Peterborough to Horsham (2019 ND RF 30th Anniversary Edition)

First impressions are good and today went for my first back road drive over the Sussex Downs and was impressed by power and handling in general (just sold a VX220 2.2 which I’ve had for the last 12 years as wanted something a little more usable).

Surprised at the feedback from the suspension - can feel every little bump in the road surface which I wasn’t really expecting.

Handling certainly made me smile in the corners - a bit more involved than my VX :slight_smile: (but not in a bad way)

Its a little to quiet for me at present so initial question is - how many CAT’s are there in the exhaust system ? One in the manifold and one in the mid-section ?

Was looking at the BBR GTI website exhaust options but their entries could do with a little more info about what’s in the mid section of the exhaust and Google didn’t seem to help much.

Thanks and look forward to reading all the forum info. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the ‘David Dickinson Appreciation Society’!!!

There are two ‘cats’ but those seeking even more attention just tend to replace the rear silencer with something more exotic.
:heart:

2 Likes

Welcome……
You’re going to have some fun in that😁.

1 Like

Welcome!

I’m just down the road in Worthing, hopefully see you on the roads soon! She is an absolute beauty!

1 Like

welcome to the club
nice RF you go there. interesting colour!

1 Like

Hi, and welcome…Nice car, you can’t beat a 30th AE. :wink:
I bought the BBR Super Sport rear box and had a custom made single exit tailpipe made and had it ceramic coated in satin black.
They make 2 sorts, the Super Sport and the Grand Tourer, I prefer the Super Sport as it’s got a better sound to it.
I love mine, it’s a bit noisy on initial start up for a bit, but after that it’s fine.
Have a search around on YouTube for BBR exhausts.
I’m not too far from Horsham so may see you around.
Basic system.

Single tip

YouTube.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club.
What do you think of the power steering?

Well after my first test drive of a GT model RF at my local dealer I was a bit concerned about how much feedback there was (and having read a few reviews on the subject) - however the test drive on the 30AE i bought felt much better and on my drive on Sunday over the downs and on many different road surfaces it felt fine.
That drive has a couple of very tight junctions (almost hairpins) and these were much easier to handle in the MX5 than my VX (which of course has no power steering).
Also had to turn around at one point due to a blocked road and made it round in one go in a close/t-junction which surprised me.

So overall so far so good - will need a few weeks of driving it to really get to know it

3 Likes

I don’t think you can beat a cat back Cobra exhaust. I went with double twin pipes and carbon tips to go with the orange and black theme on my car, not resonated. Looks and sounds the bizz :ok_hand:t2: Can just about see them in this photo.

1 Like

I’ve gone for the BBR GTI sport back box and centre section but not fitted yet, that’s next week, looking forward to the nicer sound :grin:

1 Like