New member from Liversedge (West Yorkshire) - ND RF

Hello one and all…

Just a quick ahoy from me as my 2019 RF hasn’t actually arrived yet - she lands on Monday! I’ve been through quite a bit of the range from Mazda over the years owning a 2012 Mazda 2 GX, 2005 3 Sport, 2010 6 2.2D and most recently my beloved 2005 6 MPS [she died 28.12.21 =( ]

So having finally resurfaced after that heartbreak I decided I’d get back into the fold with the only other Mazda I’d really always wanted - the MX5. Big fan of the look of the RF and can’t wait to start the upgrades and modification journey. Will be very appreciative of the benefit of anyone’s experience in this area as things go forward.

Will start with the “original” pics as soon as she lands.

Captain Badluck
:pirate_flag:

6 Likes

Hi Captain and welcome to the club, from North Notts, I hope you enjoy the new car and can get the lid down as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… The 6 MPS’s were rare even when I worked at a Mazda Dealership 2006-2012…! Did enjoy a couple of good drives in them though! :slight_smile:
4 Wheel Drive was great for attacking the roundabouts of Milton Keynes back then… :smiley:

Rob

1 Like

Hi, welcome to club captain, I’ve just recently joined last year not too far from you Bradford I’ve got the sport tech 3.5 and the launch edition RF

1 Like

Welcome to the club, awesome to hear you had a 6mps, but unfortunate it died of course. Didn’t suffer from Zzb or something else? My 3MPS is still intact for the timebeing

1 Like

She was just too expensive to repair in the end. Mostly I was fighting a losing battle against the effects of corrosion but the timing chain went and caused a lot of damage. Too much to repair for me but it went to a young lad who works for Mazda as a project. She might make it back on the road one day. Still on to new pastures. My RF is being delivered in approx 8 hours. I really shouldn’t be as excited should I at 50 years old !! If I’m honest not sure how much I’ll sleep. :blush:

1 Like

That’s good to hear it hasn’t went to the scrapyard at least :smiley: Will you be attending any of the national events in the RF this year?

Like to maybe go to at least one event if I can. God knows where else I might meet me a woman. lol :wink:

1 Like

She arrived and I’m pretty much smitten already! I’m so keen to go and drive her I can’t even finish this sen…

5 Likes

If it was mx69xxx it be a hoot :joy::joy:

Have fun dude :+1:

1 Like

She looks well, make sure you make the most of it and enjoy.

1 Like

The excitement is normal at any age.
She is triple X rated top shelf material!

1 Like

Well done Captin,

I have two Mk2 MX5’s Year 2000, 1 in museum condition, dry use only 1600, wind up windows, the other a Mazda Icon in similar condition but more useable both low mileage. They are a fantastic drive top down on sunny days and we love them.

Look forward to seeing You at one the shows.

Happy Motoring.

Clive & Athena

South Central

1 Like

Hello and welcome! I moved from Littletown to Staincliffe nearly 10 years ago and drive past my old place on Bradford Rd every day. I have a 2.0 NC Icon and it would be good to have a look around your ND sometime - heard a lot about them but never sat in one.

PS - Bizarrely, I saw your car in front of me this morning and clocked the reg - mine’s dark blue MX53JEM

Your new car looks a beaut. I bought an 18 reg ND/ RF
with 18k on the clock last January, as a present to myself for surviving a month in ICU with COVID. I bought it sight unseen from Evans Halshaw inRenfrew and it was delivered to my door. It was exactly as described and I’ve had 12 months of fun trouble free motoring. It’s a head-turner in Soul Red. I previously had a 2007 NC soft top that I sold in three days on Facebook. That was a lovely little car and I was sorry to see it go but keeping both didn’t make sense. Hope you have a lot of fun with your new baby. Happy Days.

1 Like

Hi there - thank you very much and how bizarre indeed =) I am planning to go to a local meet or two so if you ever get to one it would be good to say hi. =)

1 Like

Feel free to PM me and I’ll do my best :+1:

1 Like

Well I just wanted to say I’ve not had a chance yet to even get out to take any decent pictures. It has been pretty much constantly awful weather ever since she arrived. However I have at least managed to replace the long antenna with a stubby - not much of a mod but its a start. I will add the progress topic in a relevant space asap. Hope you all are having better luck than me and are all enjoying yourselves!

3 Likes