New member from near Hemel Hempstead

I am a new member from near Hemel Hempstead and have just joined the club as I have a 52 plate MX5 which was my dads who sadly passed away on the 17th of March. This was my dads second MX5 as the first one a 1990 was written off two and a half years ago. I hope to keep it as my mum really likes it and I am into cars and have a MG and Morris 1000 van.

Welcome Neil! Sorry to hear of the circumstances of your ownership; there’s a wealth of good advice on here if you need any help with the “5” .

What MG do you have? When I was younger I always wanted an MGB but couldn’t afford either the car nor the insurance in those days. Then after a bad year personally I decided to treat myself to an MX-5 as I’d always wanted one. 8 years on & I still have it, never regretted the purchase for a moment!

I own a 1970 Midget which I have owned for 29 years and me my dad restored.

1 Like

Nice one! Be good to see some pics of your cars on here, photos always brighten up the forum. Easy to add - just click on the “landscape” button (7th from the left in the menu bar as you write a post) to upload, alternatively you can just drag & drop.

I will post some new photos of my cars when I can hopefully when this coronavirus goes away.

1 Like

Welcome Neil

If you’re near Hemel you’re nearest monthly meet is probably the Blue Ball at Asheridge.

We’re more active on Facebook than the Forum, so if you haven’t already go to MX5OC Milton Keynes & Chilterns Area

https://m.facebook.com/groups/125750539376?group_view_referrer=profile_browser

and ask to join.

Best Alastair & Judith