New Member From - South West

Hi All

New member living in the South West and looking to buy my first MX5.

Ideally looking for an NC as I’m on the taller side and heard that they are the most accomodating.

Looking forward to learning all about these great cars and will hopefully attend some events when I buy one.

Thanks
Callum

1 Like

Also could anyone help me with the PM system please? I have a seen a car listed for sale that I would like to contact but cant seem to see how to do it!

Welcome. Click on the circular disc by the posters name and the message button appears

Hi Bob

Thanks for that, I have clicked on yours as an example and I cannot seem to see it.

Sorry I’m probably doing something wrong!

Thanks
Callum

Try on someone else, (may be a minimum post thing)

Just tried on IanH and no joy there either -

Screenshot 2022-04-01 100229

Do I maybe need to post a certain amount of times in order to PM someone?

Thanks again for your help!

sent you a pm, see if that helps

Yes, you need to achieve Trust Level 1 - we have had situations where people were joining the forum just to try and scam people through PM’s, I have adjusted the parameters to meet in order to get to TL1, give it a try now.

Hi Ian

Thank you for your help with that.

I’ve been able to message the seller successfully now.

1 Like

Good! These days it’s a lot about managing the balance between genuine enthusiasts and others with a less honest intent… modern times!

Must be such a tricky one to balance! Shame some people try to ruin it for the rest of us though.

Thanks again to both of you for your help!

1 Like

welcome to the forums and mx5 life!

Welcome to the forum.
It’s all on here somewhere!:+1:t2:

Another southwest owner here :blush: I’m 6’3” and I use to work at Mazda so was able to play with a few models. I have an NC1 as it doesn’t have the height adjustable seat so it sits slightly lower than the later models.
Having said that, you can get aftermarket seat height reducers. There was a nice NC1 launch edition for sale here.

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck for your search.

Thats good to hear about the NC1! Have you tried the aftermarket seat height reducers? Seems that might help give it just that little bit more space.

Sounds like its the car I’ve messaged about, I’ve been holding out for a 2.0 sport model and didn’t realise that the launch model was that plus more.

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire.
Good luck with your search, and I hope you find the one you are looking for…! :slight_smile:

Rob

Not needed the conversion kit. I fit ok :blush:
The launch edition was a unique colour, launch edition wheels, red leather and chrome screen surround over the 2.0 Sport Bose. I’m not sure of the mileage of that car as the owner hasn’t declared it.

Hi Callum,
Also a newbie from the South West! Just bought a Mk3 and love it. Where are you based? I’m near Exeter :grin: Good luck with your search!