New member from the Peak District

Hi guys, just joined up, and not actually an MX-5 owner as yet. I hope to become one over the next 3 or 4 months and am currently looking around at various mk2ā€™s. Iā€™ve been reading on here for a while now and it seems a very friendly community. Big Smile

In all honesty i canā€™t wait to buy an MX-5 and make use of some of the amazing roads in my area and iā€™m hoping you guys and gals can help and advise me along the way.Ā 

Welcome

Welcome Paul B, Ā I live just over The Hill in Macclesfield, but my Parents have lived in, ā€˜The Capital of The Peakā€™ā€™ aka The Home of Ferodo over 20 years. Ā I /We are in the first month of ownership of our MX5. Ā Loving every minute.

Ā 

Ric & CaroleĀ 

greetings paul Ā  Ā  Waving

Well, itā€™s taken me almost 8 years from this post to finally get to own a 5! Got there in the end though haha

5 Likes

8 years, like it! Did it take that long to find the right car or that long to actually look for one?

2 months after posting this topic I split up with my wife so had a lengthy divorce, which meant I hadnā€™t really got the cash so it got put on hold. I moved house last June and my next door neighbour had a 5 that really kickstarted my desire again. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and my neighbour said he was selling his car so I snapped his hand off for it. I know exactly what work has been done and how much cash heā€™s spent on mods etc and I got a bit of a bargain tbh. :smiley:

Welcome to the club Paul, seems you took a while to get here like me (rekon it took me 4 years from first considering an NC to buying my ND). Be sure to wave if you see me about the Peaks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah will def give a wave if I see you about. :+1:t2: Still waiting for my first wave from a fellow owner haha

I like to think of myself as a champion waver but I tend to be left hanging about 50% of the time :cry: Mostly by women it must be said, must be my face or something :rofl: This is despite the standard ā€œstick your hand out where the roof should beā€ being deployed much of the time! Got a few waves last week now lockdown has eased a bit the 5s are starting to venture back out again, so you wonā€™t be waiting long! Just waiting for me to appear in the ā€œspottedā€ section.