New member in Scotland - NC Launch Edition of former member?

Hey all,

Greetings from Scotland! I’ve just picked up an NC Launch Edition which used to belong to a member! It’s number 231/300. It’s got MX-5 OC stickers from 2020 on the windscreen and a Goodyear sticker on the boot.

She’s in pretty fantastic shape and with a low 67k on the clock. Looks to have been garaged by former keeper. I’m really keen on finding out more about the car, as unfortunately she lost all her paperwork on a recent trip through copart.

Get in touch if you recognise it, I’d love to talk to you!

5 Likes

Also, does anyone have any idea what this button does?:thinking: It’s right next to the window switches. Can’t find a thing about it online!

Chris

Welcome from Central Scotland. Where are you based ? Any other pictures at all ?

Hope you enjoy the car once this weather makes up its mind

Steven

1 Like

I think this is or was for a company called Traffic Master that was a subscription service for Sat Nav systems etc but I think they have folded

Steven

2 Likes

Thanks for both replies Steven :+1: I’m in Alloa, near Stirling.

That makes sense, re the button! I’d pressed it a few times but nothing seems to happen. Think I’ll just leave it then as its drilled in to the trim.

Pics wise I’ll certainly have some more coming. Going to give it a proper clean today and then I’ll get some good snaps of her!

Loving the driving experience so far, like a go kart!

Here she is after getting the thermostat changed yesterday. Pain of a job!

Quite close to you.
I’ll toot if I spot you.
Probably in either a BRG MK1 with tan roof or a light blue Mk2.5 with it’s Hartop seemingly welded.
Me usually with a face like a rabid bulldog with piles since I’ll be getting dragged off to Sterlings…kicking off with an hour in Pavers Shoes. :rage:

1 Like

Hello and welcome. I am just along the road in Kinross.

1 Like

Thanks very much, I’ll keep an eye out! Know what you mean re Sterling!

Cheers! I’m along that way quite a lot visiting the Fife coast - fantastic part of the country!

Couple of last wee shots for today after giving her a proper clean and fixing some small things! Todays jobs were:

Good wash and wax

Polished out headlights as they looked a bit misted. There’s some water ingress in one of them, is this just likely to be the seals on the back doors?

Removed stickers and buffed out. Bloody hate stickers on cars! Sadly the Goodyear one has left a halo on the paintwork. Does anyone know a way to get rid of this?

Next up in getting the car sorted is to waterproof the soft top. Open to suggestions here as I’ve not looked in to it at all. Does it need done often, and what do people use?

Bumping with another pic from the other day. Managed to get away on a long run through the Highlands, was magic until I got pulled by the rozzers :joy:

Sort of hoping someone might come forward who used to own the car. They were in the club as recently as 2020 and it’d be great to find out what happened to the service history. Looks like they were around the north of England.

Still wondering about this sticker halo too, anyone got any ideas?

7 Likes

I know that wee bit.
What did the Police do?
:flushed:

1 Like

I was lucky to be honest. Folded a couple of things in to one, so I didn’t have to go to court. Decent guy cop. Hopefully that’s it out of my system!

1 Like

Ah.
Nice one…was not really my affair to ask.
My son trains them plus firearms etc …it’s in my “DNA”.
I’ts a family thang!

1 Like

Hi, Looks like your enjoying your NC, very similar to mine, True Red too, photo attached.
As regards service history, Mazda do keep service record digitally, I’m not sure when they started this but mine is 2009 and has this. Try going onto Mazda website you should be able to register as new owner and this should provide authorised dealer history and doesn’t have to be a Mazda dealership can be an independent garage (they pay a small fee to connect to system)but authorised by Mazda.

4 Likes

Car looking great, very nice!

Yes, I was really disappointed to see the amount of silver and grey ones when I was looking to buy. Can’t understand why you’d want a car like this in such a subdued colour!? As far as I know the Launch Edition is actually slightly different a 3 stage colour called Velocity Red that glows orangey when the sun hits it! Doesn’t come through in pictures though, it’s quite subtle.

That’s a good shout re the service history. I actually downloaded the app on my phone and was able to pull up the details up until 2017, it was all serviced by Mazda until then. For the owner after that, I’ve actually found him - user by the name of @_MikeJ

I think he might have disappeared though. I sent him a PM but no reply yet. Here’s hoping!

1 Like

The soft top is already “waterproof” or should be if there are no holes in the material. What you can improve is the water run-off or beading by cleaning the top thoroughly and applying something like Fabsil.

Cracking photo! Have a similar one myself!

Welcome bud!

5 Likes

Just joined. Am in Menstrie! Bought mark 4 from Arnold Clark Vauxhall. Looking forward to getting it next week. Are you going to Dunkeld event in May?

1 Like