New member looking for meets near Rugby??

Hi everyone Im Justin and I got my first Eunos Roadster over the weekend (a 92 V-Spec in black) and I am looking to find out if there are any meets relatively close to the Rugby area? The chaps from Northampton have kindly invited me to join them but its a bit far away from home as having small children i just cannot seem to get out of the house till 7pm earliest so would get there till well gone 8pm! So looking for something a little closer.

Its been a while since I have been a member on anything like this, I used to be a member of “SOXJAPOC” when I had a Mazda 323GT a few years ago, since then I sold that car, got married and had 2 cracking children, I was made redundant & lost use of company car etc etc… :) 

Anyway had a nice little tax rebate this year so decided to treat myself to a car that I have always wanted and the wife is happy as she no longer needs to walk the kids to nursery as she uses the main car a trusty 02 Mondeo GhiaX TDCi !

I look forward to being an active member of the forum and hopefully attend a few meets to put faces to names :slight_smile:  

Hi Justin,

I’m new here myself, and I’m also looking for a local-ish meeting. If I hear of anything I’ll pass the info on to you, but if there’s nothing close enough maybe we could start something rolling nearer to home? I’ve seen quite a few 5s around Rugby and spoken to one or two owners I’ve met in odd places like Sainsbury’s car park! They are certainly a friendly lot.

Anyone else here from the Rugby area?

Cheers,

Paul

That sounds like a plan, there must be others that are not very far away??

Hi, glad to see there are others in the Rugby area! Look out for my green mk1. 

Going to become a fully paid-up member again as of next week.

Hi Jonny

I have seen a few BRG MK1’s around the area, I quite often see one on my home from work on a friday afternoon (around 1ish) on the A45 heading towards Daventry, thats not you is it?

Is three people enough to have a mini meet somewhere local, I could bring another one along (my Father in law has a new MK3 2.0powershift with folding top). Smile

I’m a new MX-5 owner, having got mine only last week. My office is in Rugby so a local meeting in or around Rugby would be ideal.

And then there were 4… LOL

I reckon thats enough to start a little local mini meet isnt it? Im sure if some people start getting together it will attract others to join in aswell. I know there are loads of 5’s in the area maybe more of them are on here just maybe not seen the thread yet and not thought to ask if anyone would be interested in a local meet.

Any suggestions of where would be a good place to meet, as im not originally from Rugby and dont really know the area very well. Would be good to throw some suggestions around for days and times etc to see if we get something off the ground. Im usually good from 7pm weekdays (after kiddies bed time) and weekends anytime usually are fine (as long as theres no motor racing on the telly LOL).

A pub might be good, especially if they have a small meeting / function room we could use. Also it needs a car park for the MX-5’s. I guess that means out of town not town centre. Where do other groups meet, is it in pubs?

That wouldn’t be me Justin, no. Some other lucky 5 owner!

Anywhere around Rugby is always good for me.

I think typically meets tend to be at pubs, mainly down to the fact that there is a car park and somewhere to sit and chat in the warm once your done talking cars outside etc. I actually dont know of many pubs that have a decent car park locally though? Any suggestions?

Im going to hazard a guess that weekends during the day would suit everyone better this time of year?

Hi guys,

Did anything come of your planned local meets?  If not, the invitation to visit us in Northampton still stands Big Smile  Now that the lighter / warmer evenings are here, you may feel inclined to convoy down together to attend one of our monthly meets on the third Monday of the month at The Overstone Manor, Ecton Lane, Sywell NN6 0BB  (but please note that, owing to closure for redecoration, our April meet at The Overstone Manor is on 23rd April). 

Ken Stanbury.  Northampton Area Coordinator

Hello peeps,

not been on for a while as been very busy and working late etc. Nothing did come of this thread and the idea of joing the n’hampton crew at sywell is really growing on me especially as now I work at silverstone so not so far out of my way to get there during the week?

Anyone else from Rugby area up for joining this? Also when is the next meet @sywell

Hi,

I did a bit of thinking about where we could meet locally but I didn’t have any inspiration and I don’t have the time to set anything up. The Northampton group have their meeetings fantastically well organised and they are a great bunch, so I go over there when I can. Their calendar shows the next group meeting to be Monday August 20th from 7pm, as well as lots of other events. I went in June and there were about 40 MX-5s there.

See you next time maybe?

Paul

Hi guys,

What is it about the P5 meets that puts you off attending them? I’d be interested to know if there is something we can change or do better?

Hi Cerberus,

I can’t say there’s anything amiss as I’ve never attended a P5 meet yet. I’ve only managed one Northampton one so far, so there’s room for improvement in my attendance record… Northampton’s just more familiar territory for me.

I’ll try to come along to one of yours if I can coincide with one. Hopefully I’ll get to meet you somewhere or other, maybe the National Rally?

Best wishes,

Paul

Thanks for your kind comment about the Northamptonshire meets, Paul Big Smile  “Fantastically well orgainised” ??  I think not - more a case of high spirited, happy mayhem!!  Anyway, hope to see you and the Rugby Crew at our August meet, before the nights draw in.

Ken Stanbury.  Northamptonshire Area Coordinator

Nothing it’s just time and distance, I work quite late in the week and just wanna get home as its a 45min drive home from work, I’ve been meaning to come along to one

of the sywell meets just the car has been playing up lately so had to replace the whole cooling system after numerous pipe failures etc.

eventually I will make it to a meet honest! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Im not to far away being in Coventry. There is a thread on mx5nutz about a coventry meet. We got about 8 so far and are looking to try to arrange a first meeting after Christmas sometime, be good to meet the rugby lot too, being only 20 mins away. 

A meeting in Coventry would be good. Please keep me informed as to when and where.

Chris