New member Midlands

Hi there all, I’ve just got an NB. Picked it up yesterday and looking forward to many fun drives.

I have an RX8 already and have run it for a year. Now with the rising petrol prices I’m thinking a daily driver with 17mpg is not such a great idea. More walking, cycling and MX5ing. So the RX8 will be my occasional treat, 30% RX8 to 70% MX5. Will be searching for good multi car classic insurance, so any recommendations welcome.

Looking forward to adventures, meetups and hopefully completing my advanced driving test with the NB (again personal tips welcomed).

2 Likes

welcome to the forums from ancaster!

Welcome mate. Where about in the Midlands are you located?

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire - Just north of Mansfield!

Rob

Welcome to the forums. It’s all on here somewhere👍

Thanks, I’m from Birmingham

Nigel

South Brum myself. Get yourself sorted and we can arrange a meet-up at some point dude :+1:

Hi and welcome.
If you need any help with multi car insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Welcome to the forums. I’ve just insured an NA with Adrian Flux, albeit as a limited mileage classic but they were good. Funny, I had an NC insured with them but when I swapped it for an ND they wouldn’t insure me! Luckily I got old and Saga insured me! Good luck

Welcome to the forum.
I have never driven an RX8, but I am sure an NB will be plenty of fun.

Hi.
Glad we could help out with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

Must try harder, I used to get 18-20 mpg in my Rx8 :rofl: I did consider another a while back but as great as the Rx8 is I couldn’t justify that mpg and £600 road tax.

Will do, sounds good.

Been madly busy

I totally agree, it’s more pricey on fuel than a Bentley GT.

I had hacked the hypermiling and got 34mpg on the motorways.

But don’t need a pricy car for a daily

Ah you should do, they are quite a fun experience.

Enjoying the MX5, feels a bit like a VX220 or like my old mk1 MR2, but better!

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks

I find RX8’s beautiful and very unique (the engine and passenger cell layout).
I regret not driving my friend’s brother’s when he had it…
I love my MX-5 though.
It reminds me of… Well, nothing else I have ever driven before.
Happy motoring to you.

Welcome indeed. They are a lot of fun. I enjoy driving again now that I have a 5!

Thanks, I’m hoping to persuade the Mrs into a road trip into Europe in Summer. The MX5 has much more potential for fun!

1 Like