New member ND 2.0 RF GT Deep Crystal Blue - Blyth, Northumberland

Hi Everyone,
Just joined the club and awaiting my new car from Newcastle Mazda, unfortunately got to wait 3-4 months, which will be excutiating but gives me plenty of time to read the forums. Never owned an MX5, currently got an SLK which is now getting very long in the tooth but been a good car.

After reading the forums thinking I need to get car undersealed (I’ve got no knowledge of this but won’t be doing it myself), fit mudflaps, get some winter wheels, and paint treated, any other recommendations much appreciated.

Michael

1 Like

Welcome Michael.
Pity you haven’t got your new toy for the start of spring, but once you’re behind the wheel, it’s always sunny👍🏻
Undersealing is a good start, but trawl through the posts for good recommendations in your area.

Hi

I am just down the road in Newcastle I waited 5 months for mine to arrive it finally appeared last week from the Metro Center dealership (all good but supplier with 45psi tyre pressures all round…)

Not an RF though and I do really like the look of your colour totally different to the red

I have done mudflaps (eBay genuine parts £100 for all 4.)and roll hoop colour change as well asthe stubby aerial,

I am going to underseal in the summer, if you find anyone local please let me know!

On other cars I have used a heavy grease on all seams then used a home brew mix of underseal waxoil and oil which doesn’t actually dry but creeps into all of the hidden areas and has kept the car on the left rust free for the 20 years I have had it (and I top it up every year) think something better will now exist for the one on the right!

1 Like

Hi willier1, Patrick,

Patrick, a fine looking car, I like the soul red, but when we visited the dealer last weekend they had a deep crystal blue RF that was being collected that day and it looked really nice especially with the lighter colour GT seats, and more importantly my wife fell in love with it, so no persuading needed for new purchase! .

Regarding underseal I did see a post with pictures recommending Stagshaw at the Team Valley, looked a good job to me but no idea on price, I’m going to drop them an email.

Michael

Welcome from Blyth :+1:
Enjoy mate

Hi Palerider, nice one, I’ll keep an eye out for yours when I’m out and about, if you see a strange man waving, it’s me :joy:

She’s in bits at moment, nc1 , been busy under sealing, rust proofing, coilovers to fit, soundproofing, project car really. Getting warmer so I’ll be trying to get her back on road…

Good luck with the restoration, hopefully see you driving about soon, have to say your far more hands on than me…

Welcome

Try Car Rust Protection Proofing and Treatment - Home (carrusttreatment.co.uk)
They have a centre in Darlington. They did mine.

Hi Michael and welcome.
Sounds like you are going through exactly the same situation as me last year.
It took ages to persuade my Mrs that it would be a good idea to replace our ageing RX-8 with a nice new MX-5, so after finally getting out in a test drive, she was convinced. The test drive car was in a soul red, but there was a deep crystal blue in the show room which she preferred, which made the decision a lot easier.
The 4 month wait was a drag though.
Here we are last week in the New Forest, making the most of the brief spell of good weather.
Andy

Oh, and I did get it ceramic coated, which really bought out the colour. Like you I will underseal it, I’ll probably do it myself though once the weather improves. I’m down south, so can’t recommend anyone local to you.

1 Like

Hi Andy, yes a nice combination with the wheels and seats. Yes, the wait is dragging already and I’m only a week in… I did get a phone call from the dealer this morning offering a black to the same spec much earlier, but mind is made up on the blue (although the grey or red earlier may have tempted me)…

Hi and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Is a long wait but it will be worth it :slight_smile:

Rob

Welcome to the club, and good luck with your wait. It sounds painful…