New member Newcastle awaiting ND delivery

Hi

I am new to mx5 ownership (well I will be soon) I ordered a new ND 2.0 sport tech in soul red in September and allegedly it’s arriving in March.

Really can’t wait! With two small children it will mainly be used for commuting but that was the only way to get my wife to agree to having a totally unsuitable car for a family man

I have a Porsche 924 for classic car shows and road trips (had it for 19 years and counting) which I know back to front and inside out

I am not new to MX5’s my dad had a low millage NC Niseko for 5 years (sold 2019) not sure what year it was it was as it had a private plate on. which I enjoyed driving from time to time. He had no interest in car clubs but I think the previous owner may have been a member

Hopefully car will arrive soon and I can start to enjoy it

5 Likes

And the long serving 924 (bought when it was 18 and I was 17)

I wonder if I will get much use from the 924 when the MX5 arrives time will tell

4 Likes

I saw that one at a few O/C rallies, and as a Niseko owner myself I thought the number plate was the perfect finishing touch.

Niseko Special Edition was only sold in 2008, as was the colour, and the wheels.

Welcone to the forum.
Is your new car going to be a 2022 model with the kinematic posture control?

welcome dude

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire…
Look forward to seeing the pics, and March - Just a perfect time to take delivery… :slight_smile:

Rob

I am not sure which model year I am getting. It was being built in January for delivery March- I am not fussed which model year it is I get what I get!

As long as it’s here for the summer so I can enjoy the roof down- I chose the soft top rather than the RF as I didn’t like the pillars with the roof down on a brief test drive

If it’s being built this month, it should be the latest model.
And although you don’t mind, it would matter if you were to sell it on.
You’ll see that top down driving can also be enjoyed in autumn and winter, as the heating is oven hot.

Hi from a soul red ND soft top owner in the Borders, not too far from you I suspect!
Great car for our roads round here, in the summer at least!

I am planning on using it year round, it’s a few years since I had a soft top (MR2 without heated seats) it got plenty of top down motoring year round oddly enough can’t find a photo of it with the roof down though

I will be getting a second set of wheels and some winter tyres for the MX 5 to keep me mobile

Funny to see the boarders mentioned first weekend trip when it arrives will either be up to Duns (Jim Clark museum) or a breakfast run down to Hartside for breakfast

Hi and welcome.

If you are using it all year around and it’s a keeper, I would get it ceramic coated, consider some PPF on the bumper and bonnet as it chips really easily.
Also the little Mazda mudflaps stop the leading edge paint chipping off on the plastic sill and rear bumper. Shop around though, they are expensive from the dealer, but cheaper online, maybe MX-5 parts sell them.
Also consider applying some lanoguard spray to the suspension arms and subframes as they surface rust quickly without some extra protection.

You’ll love it. Here’s mine, New last May, only took a few weeks order to delivery.

4 Likes

Hi Patrick and welcome

I know what the waiting is like, I placed my order in June and was told it would be the end of September delivery. August came and I was looking at the ship tracker to see when the next vehicle carrier was leaving Hiroshima heading for Europe - how sad was that. It arrived a couple of weeks early, so I was able to enjoy the last few weeks of summer weather.

I too had the challenging task of getting the Mrs to agree to the MX-5, I got there in the end, but when the choice of colour came and I said I prefer the Soul Red, she said no, it has to be Crystal Blue. So here it is on a day out with my son driving the MG.

I’m rather envious of you chaps up North having some great roads, down here in the SE the country lanes seem full of dodderers who brake for the slightest bend and end up with a queue of cars behind them. So I’m looking forward to some trips away later in the year.

1 Like

Welcome, I’m up the road in Blyth not to far from you…if your Newcastle upon Tyne like and not Newcastle under Lyme .

Yes Newcastle upon Tyne (Great park to be more precise)

no news on my delivery date but I have managed to purchase a set if 16inch wheels to put some winter tyres on for next winter (it will be my daily) seems odd to be gathering parts before having the car.

Have also purchased the mudflaps recommended by a previous poster, think I will paint them soul red rather than black can always paint them again if I don’t like them

As for under body protection will definitely be doing it (myself) just deciding what products to use I have always used an old fashioned mix of heavy grease brushed onto all seams and brake lines then a mix of engine oil/waxoyl/ grease sprayed over everything else but that was on cars that went no where near a dealer

Loving the 924 by the way, been down the 911 route in 2008, 996 Carrera 4.

The 924 is an odd thing. Its not fast, it’s not valuable, it is however in very good condition. but it’s part of me after 20 years of ownership (sixth form to married man with 2 kids) and I don’t plan on parting with it (the closest I got was in 2008 when I had a 2003 boxster as a daily) I find it’s now accepted as a classic and have had a lot of fun at Porsche club events where it draws a lot of positive comments from people with some very expensive cars. I have encountered no snobbery at all fingers crossed it will be at the Donnington historic in April

I picked up my 16 inch wheels today which are mint which was a surprise ( they were £200) so will source some winter tyres before next winter.

Dealer rang on Friday to say delivery on track for first week in March I am stupidly excited

1 Like

Don’t bank on breakfast at Hartside - the cafe burned down a couple of years ago now and hasn’t been rebuilt.

The van there was excellent last time I went admittedly that was probably October

1 Like

Car finally arrived I am very happy with it. Going to paint some mud flaps and roll bar covers for it over the next couple of days to fit at the weekend

Then Seriously considering a set of lowering springs as it does sit a bit high but will wait before I start making changes in case I change my mind

5 Likes