New member, not an owner...yet

Hi Everyone,

Joined the group as I’d like to replace my Mazda 6 next year to a MX5. Always had sensible cars as my car was the main one in our family, but now my partner has replaced her E93 for a Rav4. Her car has the boot space, we can take it for long journeys with bikes and luggages, so it’s time for me to get a fun car and I can’t think of anything better than a MX5.
Cheers,
NF

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to “this happy breed”. We have been MX 5 ing for 20+ years, (but only on our third, a Mk4 1.5). Can’t think of a better car to have some fun in. Reasonably practical, (given it’s a small 2 seat convertible), great fun to drive, reliable, and good economy. The only reason we have not owned more is that we were extremely happy with our last mk 2.5 as it did everything we wanted it to do!..just felt the urge for a newer model.

Which ever model you get you will not be disappointed. and always good advice on this forum…

…enjoy, and do let us know what you get when you get it!

Hi and welcome. Good luck with finding your perfect MX5.

1 Like

Yep, welcome and good luck in finding your car, best thing I did re cars, endless smiles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely go for it! I got my first MX5 in 2014, a MK2.5, had enormous fun with it, after years of ‘sensible’ family cars, with the family grown up decided this was my time. Just sold it, and bought a Mk3 as I was getting a bit fed up with lifting the hard top on and off each year, and sometimes in the winter would have loved to have the top down.

My Mk3 is also just so much fun, I use it for work each day and arrive with a smile at work, and it makes such a good start to the day. My partner still has the sensible type of car for our dog, a very large GSD, and boring things like going to B&Q, but he also loves any excuse to drive my MX5 at weekends!

Go for it while you are still flexible enough to get in and out of it easily and really enjoy some fun motoring - good luck with your search!

1 Like