New MX-5 Mk2.5

Hello! I got recently this MX5 Mk2.5, in pretty good condition, did a service check (needs a few things, Timing belt service, anti-freeze top up, break fluid change -not imperative but I want to do is soon), but runs amazingly: Just finished a 600mile trip!

I have a few questions that maybe you can help me clarify. In the following pictures I circled some buttons that currently in my car do nothing. Was there an option for those cars that these buttons would accomodate? Also I have put a phone holder (which I do not like). Is there one that can be put on the vent instead?

I am thinking, cause I am planning to do some crazy road trips in the future are there any sort of modifications you recommend? I heard of the door-bushings, and rail-stiffening. I was really thinking to add a cruise control in one of those empty buttons; What you guys have on them?

I am looking for a hardtop for the winter time (but very hard to find in that color), haven’t seen any on ebay.

Please no negative commends for the auto <3, I have a permanently injured shoulder joint (gear shifting is painful)

Edit: I remember that it has a weird rattle that appear sometimes when in the revs are near or below the 1K. It is a pretty loud rattle and comes from behind the driver for sure. When I hear it if I press the gas it goes away, then it comes back after the revs drop. Any idea what it is. Usually it appears after driving for a while but only when in 1K or bellow revs going slowly or idlying. Haven’t had a chance to record it yet.

2 Likes

Electric mirrors, air con & heated seats are the switch blanks.

Thank you @Phoenix22 !!! :smiley:

Check the battery retaining bar isn’t loose, caused a rattle on my Crystal Blue :wink:

Thank you @baabaa . I will try; I forgot to add one important piece of information, my car skills knowledge is 0. I will check the whole battery area and do my best!

I have used a Breffo Spiderpodium Smartphone Stand and Holder which fits in the vent quite well. It seems to be discontinued, but plenty available on eBay

For long term use, I have a Brodit ProClip Angled mount for Mazda MX-5 98-05 with a Brodit Passive holder with tilt swivel. They also make holders for specific phones to go with the ProClip. I would recommend it highly.
`

1 Like