New MX Owner -NE Scotland

I’m a new forum member enjoying his first taste of real driving in 30 years of saloon hell.

After agreeing funding with my banker(wife) I tracked down a rather nice single owner 2009 NC 2Litre MX several hundred miles away, the only thing my wife specified was it ifad to have an electric roof , not an issue as it turned out, and early in Jan this year the garage delivered it to Aberdeen.

Now getting a convertible car in January in Scotland is not that brilliant an idea , I’ve had it out for a decent run 4 times since it got here. Every week I look at the Weather forecast for the week seeing if the temp is going to into double figures, Being 6ft 2ins means I really have to drive it with the roof down to be comfortable.

The good news is that there are a lot of decent B roads close by and it hasn’t taken me long to realise what MX driving is all about, after decades of Vauxhall Omegas and Insignias -What a total joy

My last convertible an Austin Healey Sprite Mk4 which I wrote off exactly 40 years ago this summer after I forgot about a bus lane for 1/2 a second, and now having the MX it feels like I’ve come home ,

6 Likes

Hello Colin, welcome along, you can find out more about the Club’s activities in Grampian at the link below and we’d be happy to welcome you along at any event or meeting, you just missed one yesterday!

Welcome and good to hear how you’re enjoying your -5.
Keeping my fingers crossed for some fine weather for you to enjoy the car at it’s best :crossed_fingers:

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Days are getting longer and the weather better, so much happy MX-5ing to look forward to… :slight_smile:

Rob

Working from home , and 15-17C at last means I might well be going AWOL this week!

1 Like

Welcome to the Joy of an MX5 from Newcastle-Under-Lyme, STAFFS

I’m a Sassenach …[.But Have Had Great Support From IainH and a Owner Called Scottish Fiver over the last couple of years]

It’s great to be here , and I’m looking fordward to getting the most out of this community , and of course the car!

Welcome back to the good side, and happy driving.