New NC owner from South Wales

Having just bought a 2006 NC I thought I’d better say hello, so hello! The idea is the car will belong to my son, he’s in his last year of Uni so his Fiesta was sitting on the drive for weeks on end, I had a cunning plan, if I could insure an MX5 in his name without breaking the bank we could use it while he was away :wink:

A friend was selling the 2L NC, it’s in nice condition with 79k on the clock, but it’s missing service history, he had oil and filter done last year but I think I’ll look to have the belt done along with gearbox and diff oil just to be sure.

My son has only seen a pic of the car, he’s going to pop when he gets to drive it, I was amazed that going from a 57 plate 1.25 Fiesta to the MX5 only put the insurance up by £200 for the year.

My main passion is motorbikes, I’ve just returned from another tour of Scotland, I’d love the Mrs to come but it’s a long way for her on the bike but the MX5 could be the ideal solution :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome and enjoy. :+1:

1 Like

You may find digital service history. I believe the NC has chain not belt, the most important thing is making sure you keep a close check on oil level.

2 Likes

I’d read about a bit oil usage being normal, I’ll keep an eye. Thanks for the heads up about the chain not belt, I need to do some more reading up!

Hi there, That’s a clever plan, and a surprising fact about the insurance. Your son is gonna love the car. It isn’t quite a motorbike, but it doesn’t require a crash helmet!
Welcome to the club.

1 Like

The great thing about the five is no togging up and no helmet. Just jump in and go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… :slight_smile:

Rob

1 Like

Welcome from Central Scotland. I hope you both enjoy the MX5 with roof down & no helmet required

Steven