New Owner Central Scotland

Hi folks,

New owner as of last Sunday and member of the owner’s club. I am in Central Scotland, Kilsyth, between Glasgow and Stirling.

The car is a 2012 1.8i SE in Metropolitan Grey 55k miles. It’s been regularly serviced but not looked after if you know what I mean. Loving driving it and not had a chance to get the roof down yet a bit windy and snowy up here just now!

I have been reading up on the forum and the information that is available is fantastic.

Here’s my to do list:

New tyres - advisory on Mot. After much reading decided to go for uniroyal rainsport 5

Wheels - need powder coated - not sure about the colour but fancy Gunmetal grey any suggestions appreciated?

New discs and pads front and rear - bought Pagid doing these just now but snowed off!

Soft top - Needs a good clean and renovate and re proof - bought Protex products

Clean out roof drain channels - not sure whether to use the trombone cleaner or take it apart. Heard it can get stuck on this model, again any advice appreciated?

Clean up engine compartment.

Investigate near side rear clunk/ knock over a bump.

I took it to the local garage and they put it on the ramp. Couldn’t find anything obvious - checked drop links and all other bushes are fine. I thought it might be a bump stop missing on the shocker but couldn’t see anything. Any suggestions? Managed to get a good look underneath and not too crusty. Worst bit seems to be x brace and a bit of under seal peeling. Usual suspension components crusty. I will get the rust treatment stated ASAP.

So there you go a few jobs to do and then get driving it.

4 Likes

Welcome. You need to log out and then log back on to display your membership flag and gain full access to all sections of the forum

Welcome and enjoy

Welcome from Falkirk.
Morris Minor a family car too?

Well spotted. Yes indeed.

1 Like

welcome to the club.

my car is the opposite to yours, i have a silver car and grey wheels.

gotta be honest i like yours as it is. grey car, silver wheels.
i think grey car grey wheels might look alittle bland!

anyway welcome to the club

1 Like

Welcome from Cumbria.
Nice colour your car.
Fog lights would finish it off nicely…

I think you might be right. I’m just not sure.

had a thought.
maybe you could stay silver but add some sparkles or a colour tint.
or go for a 2 tone colour scheme ,my old manta had a 2 tone scheme, silver on the rims where they meet the tyres and grey on the spokes and centers

Welcome from Kingdom of Fife. Hopefully see you on a run soon. I also had a Gunmetal Grey NC3 & must say I preferred the wheels as silver.

Welcome from Kirkintilloch

Welcome from Paisley!

The rearside knock question, this may sound daft but check the jack is stowed securely. Mine made a clonk for ages till i realised what it was

Welcome from Jordanhill.

Welcome from Prestwick