New owner in Gloucester with a few questions

Hi all!

I’m glad to have finally purchased a lovely 2004 MX5 Euphonic in Silver! I’ve had my eye on one for a long time so it feels good to finally have it sat on my drive! My long terms plans are to either supercharge it or go down the turbo route, then get it on a track!

It’s had a few things done to it already including new V-Maxx coilovers fitted by the previous owner and a very loud Malian de-cat straight pipe.

One of the first questions I wanted to ask was about the exhaust, for me it’s just far too loud and I also think there’s a split somewhere in the middle as it sounds like it’s blowing and there’s an incredibly strong smell of fumes coming into the cabin.
What exhaust systems would you guys recommend for it? I’d ideally like to replace everything from the manifold all the way through without spending an absolute fortune.

The only other question I really have is about the brakes, I’ve heard the Euphonic edition has different sized brakes over the standard model? I could be completely wrong of course as I’m fairly new to these cars! I’m looking to upgrade the brakes to EBC brakes as I’ve heard they’re fairly good for the MX5. Would you know the correct size discs I’d need?

I appreciate the help and apologies if these questions have been asked before!

Once this Covid business has settled I’m very much looking forward to meeting you all and seeing what cars you all have!

Cheers,
Rob!