New Owner, New Member

Hello

My wife and I had been considering small fun cars for some time now. We ‘touched’ an MX-5 in Anglesey at the Mazda dealer the first time, it was instant love. Then, finally, we found an ND1 that we could buy this week. This is our first MX-5, it’s silver and has the 1.5 engine. We are based in East London, and planning to drive around on the weekends.

Also, we are very excited to learn more on the MX-5s from the forum and potentially participate on events and gatherings.

See you on the roads :wave:

13 Likes

Nice one Panda1. Welcome aboard. You’ve made a sage decision which will pay dividends before long. Enjoy your adventures.
Hopefully you’ll get many opportunities for top down motoring soon and be able to share them here.
All the best,
Guy :+1:

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… My ND2 is my first MX-5 too, and is just a pure joy, so hope you both enjoy yours too! :smiley:
Rob

Hello and welcome from not too far away in Essex :wave:

@Panda1
welcome Mathew & Spouse
We have just taken delivery of our 4th mx5 this time an nd2 RF
Sadly the west london region is still without an AC, however keep an eye open on the forum for events that members may well arrange when safe to do so,

1 Like

Thank you. We actually tried it today with the top down, was a bit cold for me above 40 mph. I guess I need a hat.

1 Like

Thank you, I am sure we’ll be driving around your turf as well in the summer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, yes Essex is quite close by. What would be a good scenic route to try there?

Thank you, and congrats on your new one. I’m sure the summer will be better for events.

I live not far from Ongar, if you go through Ongar towards Dunmow, on to Thaxted then Finchingfield a beautiful village but gets very busy, leave Finchingfield on to Long Melford on the Suffolk border, make time to visit the fantastic church and loop back . This makes a really good drive out on mostly good open B roads .

Welcome along, nice looking car, I’m sure you will get lots of enjoyment from it.

Welcome, and a very nice looking MX5 you have bought yourself there, guaranteed fun and enjoyment awaits.
Keep a cap in the car (I have got a cap that matches the cherry roof of my MX5) and for when it’s really really cold a blanket in the boot.
Then you can always have the roof down :grinning:

Welcome to the club.
Roof down on cold days is rather enjoyable. But indeed, as Patsy Stone said, “you can never have enough hats, gloves, and shoes”.

Welcome to the club. Top down…Enjoy!

@S_and_J Great, I’ll implement this loop for our trip to Norfolk.

1 Like

@IanH Cheers :wave:

@Christophe1 indeed :slight_smile: although, I see some of the headwear are out of stock in the club store at the moment.

@MX51MJR Thanks. Actually, I was wondering if the cap works at all, or will it just fly off from my head on the M25?

Lavenham is also worth a visit it still has many old medieval buildings , not far from Long Melford and if you are going anywhere near North Norfolk, Castle Rising is worth seeing.

1 Like

@Panda1 I have never had an issue keeping my cap on in my MX5. In the days I use to have a SLK, there would be no chance of keeping a cap on at speeds over 55mph in that car, :fearful: even getting above 40mph I seam to always have the feeling “any minute now and it’s going to go :joy:.

2 Likes